Iron Man Robert Downey Jr. Headsculpt List

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
any painted photos yet? :)

i really want to order this one.

I'm painting some other heads over the next few days, so I might do one RDJ myself. I'm betting someone will beat me to it, though. There are some much better painters than I here anyway! But I may have one up in a day or two.

I'll have some more cast tomorrow (I'll finally be caught up) so I'll have some ready to ship if you do decide to order one or two.

cfb8_1.JPG

there it is.
Yeah its brilliant. I have one here that I still need to finish up.

Whoa! Is there anyway I can order one of these?

Whoa! Is there anyway I can order one of these?

You'd have to get one of those from Ada. You can find her on eBay. Not sure if she's offering that sculpt right now, you'd have to check with her. This is one of her better likenesses, I must say. If you do want this particular sculpt, please make sure you buy it directly from her rather than from a recaster.

However, if you'd like a Hulk/Banner specific Edward Norton, I'll be getting a group commission together shortly. I may be a bit biased, but I think mine will be a very close likeness.

If you aren't familiar with me or my work, please visit my website https://www.chowes.com to see selections from my portfolio.

I've been a pro in the toy business for nearly 20 years. Got to work on a lot of really interesting projects. I just got into the custom world recently and I'm enjoying myself immensely.

Thanks!

First picture of the Hot Toys Iron Man has surfaced, and I don't think it captures Downey as well as yours, Chris:

HT_IM.jpg

Yours has the inner wacko. This doesn't appear to have captured it.

I do have a note, however. This head is at the outer boundary of big-ness. Next time, I'd say go about 10% smaller.

I just got my sculpt today. Nice job, but I have to agree with Gruff Old bear, it is a little on the large side.

I just got my sculpt today. Nice job, but I have to agree with Gruff Old bear, it is a little on the large side.

Well, I want everyone to be happy. So I'll tell you what I'll do. Anyone who feels they want a smaller version gets a free one.

I'm heating up some wax right now. I'll cast a wax duplicate which will should shrink sufficiently. I'll clean this up and make a new mold. I should be able to cast by Sunday or Monday.

So, anyone who bought version one and wants smaller version two just let me know!

Very nice of you! I'm guessing I'll be happy with mine, especially for RDJ. I'm one of the few people who doesn't think Sideshow's heads are oversized. I think people are used to heroic proportions in comics and toys, so realistic human proportions seem odd.

I would. The sculpt is great but putting it next to my Christian Bale head that just came in today too its definitely slightly larger.....Still love it though!! :rock

NewRoom006.jpg

NewRoom005.jpg

This is really awesome of you to offer!! You Rock!! :rock

My head also arrived today...very cool sculptnig, but I do agree it looks a hair on the too-large side. I'll drop you a PM, Chris...that's very cool of you to offer that.

I would. The sculpt is great but putting it next to my Christian Bale head that just came in today too its definitely slightly larger.....Still love it though!! :rock

NewRoom006.jpg

NewRoom005.jpg

This is really awesome of you to offer!! You Rock!! :rock

Like I said, I just want to make sure everyone is happy in every way. If you're going to spend your hard earned money on this is it should look just like him and be the size your satisfied with.

Here's a quick explanation of the process I used.

I did calculate the size based on a realistic ratio of about 7 heads tall. Using a 1/6 figure of 12" (305mm) this results in a head measuring approx. 44mm from bottom of chin to top of bald head. This is within "Natural" scale. Some people within average range are only 6 heads tall.

I'm trying to get the size of the new wax to to about 41mm, around 7.5 heads. This is beginning to be "Heroic" scale.

I've always thought the extreme 8 heads heroic scale looked a bit ridiculous so unless there is a hue and cry for that proportion, I'd rather avoid it if possible. :D

I'll report back later tonight about how much of a shrink the wax provided.

If you haven't shipped my two yet, I would go for two of the smaller versions.

Jeff

I shipped all of them already. Just keep those and use them for painting practice! :D

New smaller ones are on the way. I think Ill go ahead and just send them out to everybody, so no one is left out. Consider it a gift, my friends. I always want to make things right.

Now everyone will have the option as to what size to go with. Might be nice to have the 2 versions to try with different bodies. Each might fit better on a different body.

Looks like I'm getting pretty close to the 41 mm size. I'll try to post a comparison photo sometime tomorrow for all to see.

It is awsome what you are doing with the resizing. I pm'd you in regards to oredering two.

I would love to order this but I would want it on the body of the hot toys figure and I doubt that would be possible. Sucks really , it could look fantastic .
Not that it doesn't already , brilliant work. :)

Back