Iron Man Robert Downey Jr. Headsculpt List

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you, Chris. I have to say that I'm not use to this type of great customer service. thanks, and I look forward to receiving the new sculpt.

Compared to some of my recent experiences, this has been a dream.

Compared to some of my recent experiences, this has been a dream.

I'm sorry to hear you've had bad experiences. I've heard stories about certain sculptors (who will remain nameless) who have really screwed people over, not delivering, selling copies of heads they promised not to, etc.

Rest assured, it may take me some time, but I will always fulfill and honor my promises. As you get to know me here you'll find I really am interested in making sure everyone is as happy as possible with my work. I actually care about my work. That's what's kept me in this business since 1989.

Oh, it's not sculptors. It's a manufacturer/retailer that I won't mention.

Chris, this is awesome, I was about to pm you about getting the 'smaller' head version, but you've already taken the proverbial bull by the horns and just stepped right up! Color me totally impressed, and I have no doubt I'll be joining in future commissions of your work!! :chew :peace

Hello,

Here is the final size head I'm aiming for on a body scaled to 1/6 scale, 12inches. This should accurately represent what it will look like. I, uh, "edited" him for modesty's sake. :)

If all goes well, I'll have the final mold poured tomorrow and I'll start casting late tomorrow night or early Tuesday morning.

Hope this size looks a little better to everyone!

Body-Stark-2.jpg

Robert Downey, Jr. is only 5 foot 9 so technically a 1/6th scale figure of him would be 11 and 1/2 inches tall. I have found some bodies for customs that are less then 12 inches tall(with head). I like to shot for variety in heights for customs, but I'm sure that isn't as important to others.

Awesome! Are you sending out a smaller head for every head ordered? I ordered two and was wondering if you're sending two out or is it just one per customer?

Final Smaller Wax Model On Body

Awesome! Are you sending out a smaller head for every head ordered? I ordered two and was wondering if you're sending two out or is it just one per customer?

Yep, you got it! Whatever you ordered is what you will get in the new size. I'm simply replacing all the heads. As I've mentioned, feel free to hold on to the original larger versions and do with them as you please.

I ended up doing 2 molds to reduce it to the proper size, consequently I've had to clean up and fix 2 waxes. So, I'm now pouring the final mold and will cast the resins as fast as possible over the next couple of days. Total shrink is nearly 10%. Each wax generation only provided about 5% shrink.

BTW, I've made the neck a bit longer so it will be easier to adapt to various bodies. Better to start with too much neck and cut it down rather than too little neck and have to build it up.

Thanks for everyone's patience on this head. I hope it's worth the wait! If the consensus is that this size is ideal, I'll use it as a template for all future 1/6 head sculpts.

If anyone is interested in the intermediate size, 5% smaller than original, let me know since I have this nice new mold and I only needed to cast one wax from it.

Here is the final wax on a "Soldier Story" body I recently acquired. No fig leaf this time...

Stark-small.jpg

Re: Final Smaller Wax Model On Body

Yep, you got it! Whatever you ordered is what you will get in the new size. I'm simply replacing all the heads. As I've mentioned, feel free to hold on to the original larger versions and do with them as you please.

I ended up doing 2 molds to reduce it to the proper size, consequently I've had to clean up and fix 2 waxes. So, I'm now pouring the final mold and will cast the resins as fast as possible over the next couple of days. Total shrink is nearly 10%. Each wax generation only provided about 5% shrink.

BTW, I've made the neck a bit longer so it will be easier to adapt to various bodies. Better to start with too much neck and cut it down rather than too little neck and have to build it up.

Thanks for everyone's patience on this head. I hope it's worth the wait! If the consensus is that this size is ideal, I'll use it as a template for all future 1/6 head sculpts.

If anyone is interested in the intermediate size, 5% smaller than original, let me know since I have this nice new mold and I only needed to cast one wax from it.

Here is the final wax on a "Soldier Story" body I recently acquired. No fig leaf this time...

Stark-small.jpg

Wow...thats Tony Stark !!!! Congrats...this sculpt will make great customs.

Re: Final Smaller Wax Model On Body

Wow...thats Tony Stark !!!! Congrats...this sculpt will make great customs.

Thank you! I appreciate that.

For anyone who is interested in acquiring a copy of this head sculpt who isn't on board already, here are the details on how to order yours:

The first copy is $35.00 plus $5.00 s&h to any US location. Outside of the US, please email or PM me and I'll check postal rates for you. If you want more than one, an additional copy is available for only $10.00. This is an exclusive discount for Sideshow Freaks members only!

Payments can be sent to my PayPal address, [email protected].

Here at last is a painted look at this brilliant sculpt, really shows how great Chris's sculpting skills are, So everyone go vote for John Rambo as the next sculpt hehe.
Picture_1300.jpg

Picture_1299_2_.jpg

Picture_1297.jpg

Back