Infinite / Kaustic Plastik: Peter Sellers (as Clouseau) 1/6 Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favourite scenes in A Shot in the Dark are also the quick cuts to the back of the police van as it speeds through Paris with the sirens blaring, Clouseau having been arrested again for another bungled stakeout... so simple in execuction but funny every time. The Panther movies are timeless and the supporting actors were also great in their respective roles, especially Herbert Lom and Burt Kwouk as Kato.

The biggest issues with Steve Martin's portrayal, is that he portrayed Clouseau as being totally oblivious... doing stupid, destructive things, and not even realizing it in the moment, or the consequences (eg., smashing into cars while parking, etc..).

Sellers' Clouseau was always very self aware. Part of the comedy was that he realized when he was screwing up, but would desperately try to fix the situation, but maintain dignity at the same time. Just fantastic.

:exactly:

"Yes, I kneuw that... I kneuw that."

:lol

There's very little comedy that's actually laugh out loud, especially today, but there were some genuinely funny moments and lines in the series.

A few times Sellers breaks the fourth wall and looks directly into the camera, and there's a 'knowing' quality to the character that sets him aside from the simple slapstick of Martin.

There's a benign narcissism to Clouseau, which is so often at odds with his natural abilities. Similar to Arthur Lowe's Captain Mainwaring in Dad's Army. When things go wrong they have to blame somebody else or something else, such as "the architecture" !

Sellers was a genius. His idol was Alec Guinness and he always aspired to be an Alec Guinness and play serious parts, but rarely got the chance. When he did he really showed his full range.

All this is excellent! And gets me so inspired to have a Clouseau on the shelf. I'm suddenly thinking where the heck has this been for the last 20 years?

Even if they don't make Kato it would be an easy kit bash to make one with available head sculpts and outfits.

I believe they were asked on instagram about Kato and they replied probably not.

They give a release date of Sept 2021 on the web site. They haven't given a date for pre orders or the date for a reveal for the prototype.

6MJVoI2.jpg

I think it will be fine; the likeness is there and anything enlarged that much will look a little rough.

I like what I see, so far.

The biggest issues with Steve Martin's portrayal, is that he portrayed Clouseau as being totally oblivious... doing stupid, destructive things, and not even realizing it in the moment, or the consequences (eg., smashing into cars while parking, etc..).

Sellers' Clouseau was always very self aware. Part of the comedy was that he realized when he was screwing up, but would desperately try to fix the situation, but maintain dignity at the same time. Just fantastic.

Self aware after he had actually screwed up, but amazingly oblivious to when he was about to screw up. :D

If KP get this right it's a guaranteed sale to me.

I'm still curious if they are offering two heads -- one from Shot in the Dark and one from Return of the Pink Panther...?

Would definitely give people reason to consider two Sellers with two different looks.

Ever since Asta posted that link, I have imagined a Salty Sellers with inflatable parrot on my shelf.

Or perhaps a detective with that complicated mechanical arm that takes a nose-dive into his crotch...

I'm liking what I'm seeing so far. I've been tempted by the Infinite Clouseau 1/6 statue for a while now, but I might wait this one out. Hopefully full pics aren't far off.

Looking out for this, on my wish list for a leung time.

That open eye reminds me of Clockwork Orange.
I understand they go for a funny expression.
I prefer the sculpt on the statue.

I'm still curious if they are offering two heads -- one from Shot in the Dark and one from Return of the Pink Panther...?

Would definitely give people reason to consider two Sellers with two different looks.

Ever since Asta posted that link, I have imagined a Salty Sellers with inflatable parrot on my shelf.

Or perhaps a detective with that complicated mechanical arm that takes a nose-dive into his crotch...

I think there will be at least two separate releases. On the Kaustic web site https://www.kaustic-plastik.com/ it says "Peter Sellers - Version A - Chief Inspector"

I'm thinking Version - B will be Gendarme Cleauseau because of the baton and hat we've already seen.

Back