Infinite / Kaustic Plastik: Peter Sellers (as Clouseau) 1/6 Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unmistakably looks like Peter Sellers as Clouseau but the paint app is not that good, a good paint app here and your looking at a way better offering. As is, I couldn't sink £300 on this, considering the shoddy paint work. The promotional pics for this fig show a very professional paint app, of course you expect a reduction in quality to the production fig, but the difference is too big.

These companies have really got to sort their paint apps out. (Im including KP, BCS, Blitzway & SS in this) before they can start charging HT prices.

Last edited:
Got my DX in...very impressed...I put this next to HT Solo Solo just to compare...man HT needs to tone down the tan...a lot

I will post phots shortly...

Out of the box photos. Very impressed with this figure.

I posted a comparison with Solo to give you a daylight rendering of the two skin colours...

Attachments

• 1636305542381-453962174.jpg
    1636305542381-453962174.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 1636305574021-293431849.jpg
    1636305574021-293431849.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 99
  • 16363056563851513838194.jpg
    16363056563851513838194.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 100
Just got this in today, got the standard detective version, was not really sure what to expect but really pleased overall, very unique figure with its own presence, the sculpt, paint, tailoring all much better then expected, love the magnet base but could do with a little engineering at the moment its a little limiting in posing options as the magnet seems to be very central, minor gripe overall very happy.

I picked this up just because Sellers was a genius and the Pink Panther movies are some of my favourite comedies, and I'm really very pleased with him. The paintjob isn't quite HT standard, but it's certainly not terrible either.

If you're a fan, I'd definitely recommend this one.

I got the Version A, very happy with it! It's expensive, but definitely a quality figure, and the paintjob at least on mine is pretty good.

The review gets the take on the Steve Martin reboot right. Great looking figure, refreshing to discuss something other than "flights & tights." If they ever do a Marx Brothers line (or possibly W.C. Fields) my wallet would take a sizeable hit.

Sardo you mention the deluxe extra base...was this only offered by ordering direct through KP? It never came with the dx when I ordered through KGhobby

Great review too. I agree with you that this figure also represents my youth, watching movies with my parents and sharing many many laughs!

Delayed reply. The deluxe extra base was only offered by KP if I'm not mistaken. It's neat for what it is, but at the same time, I'm not sure I'll actually ever use it. I like having the "Peter Sellers" logo on display.

Back