Infinite / Kaustic Plastik: Peter Sellers (as Clouseau) 1/6 Action Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pre-orders are up. $380 for the pair on TNS. (1 body, 2 heads).

Looks pretty rough to me. The shirt collar, the tie, the cheap suits, the badly made warrant card wallet.

The only thing that interests me is his M1934 Beretta.

Really... I don't think the shirt, tie, or suits look cheap. But that said, these are too pricey in my opinion.
Didn't stop me from pre-ordering the Inspector version :cuckoo:

To justify it in my own head, I've never seen a better 1/6 Clouseau, and the character is a must-have for me....

Ouch... $300 each. BUT, great news that the deluxe is only $80 more.

All I really want is the Inspector though. As it is, that figure gives you two looks: inspector with coat AND citizen Clouseau. If only it came with a baguette bag spilling rice.

I'm buying, their Bud Spencer is great. Awesome stuff

Their Bud did look really good and high end throughout. They put a lot of effort in with the tailoring and materials.

Clouseau looks somewhat retro by comparison.

Neither were figures I wanted to own. The former was from the wrong kind of spaghetti western, and Clouseau is a character I'd rather see on the screen than a shelf. I think the closest things to comedy characters I allowed in were The Mask and '66 Batman and Robin.

I liked KP when they were making historically researched Romans and gladiators, but I suspect there's not much money in them now that Chinese companies are having a bash at throwing together approximations.

Their Bud did look really good and high end throughout. They put a lot of effort in with the tailoring and materials.

Clouseau looks somewhat retro by comparison.

Neither were figures I wanted to own. The former was from the wrong kind of spaghetti western, and Clouseau is a character I'd rather see on the screen than a shelf. I think the closest things to comedy characters I allowed in were The Mask and '66 Batman and Robin.

I liked KP when they were making historically researched Romans and gladiators, but I suspect there's not much money in them now that Chinese companies are having a bash at throwing together approximations.

I think it's a matter of generational tastes, I was born in the 70s, I grew up watching this franchise over and over again, same with the Trinity movies, I'll buy them regardless of the price lol I bought the statue because there was nothing Clouseau related out there...

Clouseau was a big part of my childhood. Not sure I will PO... but I definitely want to buy this figure at some point, perhaps 2nd hand.

I just want the Inspector. I love that he comes with both hats. But I wish they threw in the hairpiece as well so you could take the coat off for a 2nd look.

I think it's a matter of generational tastes, I was born in the 70s, I grew up watching this franchise over and over again, same with the Trinity movies, I'll buy them regardless of the price lol I bought the statue because there was nothing Clouseau related out there...

I collect a wide variety of 1/6, from King of the Rocketmen to the Mandalorian and many, many stops in between. However, there are certain genres that I've never been inspired to own, such as comedy or music, or artists - I can't believe there's even a van Gogh out there!

With the Trinity series the part I always liked was his brother asleep on the travois. Then the rest I found hard going, so not something I wanted to own even though Bud could've fitted in alongside the other western and spaghetti figures.

The Clouseau films contain some real comedy gold, but the figures don't call to me. Same would be the case for Charlie Chaplin et al. However, I could make room for Nick and Nora Charles, and their dog, Asta. :lol

I only really want the Inspector version, but if it's only $80 more I might as well grab the deluxe.

It’s looking decent. I think Kaustic’s sculpts are a little on the big side. Their Rocky sculpts were a tad oversized and this looks to be the same. Kinda reminds me of Trevor’s work when he was sculpting the early SS SW figures.

At $300 I’ll be passing on it though. Just not a big enough fan to pay that much.

I know this is likely a very limited release but I really didn't expect $300 as the base price. I was thinking $180-$220... so it is a very large jump.

So the hair piece is only included with the gendarme with the crazy clockwork eye?
Does it fit the inspector head?

It shows a picture of the hair piece on the Inspector head without coat in the deluxe picture that shows everything included. I like that look as well.

Would you go for the deluxe just to get the hairpiece?

For $80 more, it seems like a good deal to get the deluxe.

However -- I'm not POing any of them. I'm priced out at $300.

But I will be watching ebay for a cheaper deal once it drops. And yes, I'll keep an eye out for a loose hairpiece too.

Do we know for a fact that there is no sculpted hair under his inspector hat? Maybe the hairpiece is only needed for the gendarme sculpt.

I'd like to know the answer.

Back