InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She was supposed to come to Australia twice the past few months and has canned both times.
Every time she's canceled, she has had some excuse,but turns around and goes to a Con the next week in USA.
I REALLY hope she makes it down here soon as she is the last on my bucket list to meet for Star Wars actors.
I assume you mean Katee and not Cate Blanchett...I thought Cate still lived in Australia (and doesn't really do conventions, I thought).

Katee is notorious for cancelling conventions. She's not a flake per se, she does a ton of cons. Even more so since she appeared in Mandalorian. I think she just cancels if work is a factor because she's definitely been around a lot over here in the States. She was incredibly nice so I hope she makes it to Oz for you to meet here!

Anybody know if there's gonna be another preorderable batch of these or are those who missed out gonna be up #$*'s creek? I remember the joker deluxe selling out then all the sudden a month or 2 later it being offered again everywhere.

This guy is already on ebay for a ridiculous $1500+ at this rate.

Anybody know if there's gonna be another preorderable batch of these or are those who missed out gonna be up #$*'s creek? I remember the joker deluxe selling out then all the sudden a month or 2 later it being offered again everywhere.

It's all going to depend on cancellations at this point. Are people going to be able to fork over the $400+ they have left once they get the invoice? The deluxe Joker was $1,000+ to pay once the invoice came, so you had a lot of cancellations.

You also have to take into consideration that they made way less of Gandalf compared to Joker. With so many Jokers being made and orders cancelled, they were/are only selling on the secondary market for at cost or slight loss. With Gandalf, people will more willingly spend that $400 they have left if they can turn around and flip it for 3x what they paid.

I would get on whatever wait lists are out there and keep a close eye on sites like OneSixKit and Spec Fiction for when they put those cancellations back up for sale.

Being brutally honest but I don't see this being like Joker production for this was alot lower than Joker. It's funny watching a fair few people who said it would turn out rubbish now striving to get one on Facebook groups. The aftermarket for this is already wild and that's just the start. 😂

My only advice for those who are trying is keep an eye on extra stock that might pop up.

Best decision in my figure hobby life so far was to cancel Iqoniq Ryu and put the funds into gandalf last time Kit got some extra stock. Not to say Ryu is a bad figure at all, but I don't know what I was thinking, wanting to start another line... Better invest in a perfect LotR line which speaks much more to me.

It's all going to depend on cancellations at this point. Are people going to be able to fork over the $400+ they have left once they get the invoice? The deluxe Joker was $1,000+ to pay once the invoice came, so you had a lot of cancellations.

You also have to take into consideration that they made way less of Gandalf compared to Joker. With so many Jokers being made and orders cancelled, they were/are only selling on the secondary market for at cost or slight loss. With Gandalf, people will more willingly spend that $400 they have left if they can turn around and flip it for 3x what they paid.

I would get on whatever wait lists are out there and keep a close eye on sites like OneSixKit and Spec Fiction for when they put those cancellations back up for sale.
I have no idea why people don't pay these things off as they go. I was in the last group of Gandalf pre-orders, and I just paid mine off last month. Kit takes deposits any time, so I almost always throw $50-100 at my figures until there's like $10 to pay as a balance upon release. That way I'm not scrambling to come up with the money when it releases if something threw my budget off for the month.

I don't want to go against the forum rules that prevent shops from being advertised, but I found a French shop that has 19 Gandalfs available for €690 shipped but the shop write that will be shipped after the payment between two or three months

Last edited:
I don't want to go against the forum rules that prevent shops from being advertised, but I found a French shop that has 19 Gandalfs available for €690 shipped but the shop write that will be shipped after the payment between two or three months
Machine-gun figures?

Edit: nope, just checked there

Yeah Gandalf already has gone up for preorded two or three times with Kit so I'd say at this point, no. People had ample amount of time to order him.
Both of my brothers will be getting a Gandalf figure each from OSK, and so that’s why I decided to pass on it. I told myself I’d get my “fix” with theirs.

But am I regretting that now..

It'sn’t Machine gun
if you want you can write me in PM I think it doesn't violate the rules, I convinced myself to order because it is possible to pay with PayPal
Ah, no, thanks anyway. I actually already have mine from Kit. I was just curious as Machine Gun is a seller I’ve used before,, and they’re great.

Working on my Showcase video and now after looking at this guy so much I go and look at my Asmus Crown and my other custom GtG and now makes me feel like I need to get two more to replace on other displays 😆 this thing is just a beautiful work of art.
😆 I don't know about your custom GtG, but with asmus crown, it's night and day to InArt's Gandalf.
Maybe you can keep the crown Gandalf, and pretend it's Ian's stunt double.

g2012.jpg

g2111.jpg

g2211.jpg

g2311.jpg

g2411.jpg

g2511.jpg

g2611.jpg

g2710.jpg

g2810.jpg

g2910.jpg

More pictures ... ;-) It's funny because the only flaw in this masterpiece is the magnets on the base.

Back