InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ That still looks bad. I don't get it, the hair is actually almost perfect when boxed up in that plastic tube, just stop over doing the styling and let it sit how it is as it arrived.

New pics posted on IG:

375915362_281698834643277_9161932475679755586_n.jpg

375971616_281698861309941_2089632156488761367_n.jpg

375981903_281698917976602_5815267022704381972_n.jpg

Last edited:
I just don’t get people who get into this hobby and never learn how to futz and pose properly. I think it’s the most fun aspect of the whole thing: laying fabric so it looks sleek and flat, fixing hair so it has movement and life even when still, poses and gestures to make it dynamic.

Otherwise just get statues, all the same quality with 0 effort

I know that it is due to the PERS feature but I feel that the eyes are the only slight ding on this figure.

I think Asmus captured that particular feature a little more accurate with the new sculpt.

Go ahead a squeal away... :monkey5
I agree. In most of the pics his right eye always appears shaped oddly to me plus the fact it’s obvious the PERS is still not aligning properly. Maybe once someone makes theirs SRE instead and snaps some pics that’ll fix it.

Even with the PERS the eyes look real in many shots of the InArt, more real than any production figure I've seen, so personally I'm fine with how they've handled it lol

Last edited:
The guy added a link to an updated pic in the youtube comments, as he's aware lots disliked his beard styling lol.

ganny.png

The guy added a link to an updated pic in the youtube comments, as he's aware lots disliked his beard styling lol.

View attachment 662021
You don't have to apologize to anybody. It's your figure. You have a right to display it as you wish. If you want to shave Gandalf's beard and make him some ponytails that's ok also.

I just don’t get people who get into this hobby and never learn how to futz and pose properly. I think it’s the most fun aspect of the whole thing: laying fabric so it looks sleek and flat, fixing hair so it has movement and life even when still, poses and gestures to make it dynamic.

Otherwise just get statues, all the same quality with 0 effort
While I understand both sides I'm the same here, I love futzing, for example Damtoys AC figuires look horrible anywhere I see them but I spent hours on each figure to pose the hood right and they look amazing! But again, I love to futz with my figures to make them look perfect in my eyes!

About the PERS, I for one think it elevates the figure even more, because all those dynamic shots you see are brought to life when you move the eyes in the correct direction. I love it!

Back