InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd personally like to see a stand system where, instead of a crotch cradle or waist grabber, there's a rod (possibly flexible, possibly clear) with a magnet on the end that sticks to a magnet in the figure's midsection/back. I'm sure that's something somebody must already be making, but I haven't encountered it in my collecting.

I don’t mind magnetic bases, I just wish it was developed better. What we have now isn’t really a “magnetic base,” but rather a base with 2 magnets in it. I would say a magnetic base is something where the entire top is magnetized, so that you can place the figure anywhere you’d like on the base and not be forced to plant him dead center.

I still have no problem with crotch or waste grabbers though

I'd personally like to see a stand system where, instead of a crotch cradle or waist grabber, there's a rod (possibly flexible, possibly clear) with a magnet on the end that sticks to a magnet in the figure's midsection/back. I'm sure that's something somebody must already be making, but I haven't encountered it in my collecting.
ByArt did this for their version of ZSJL black suit Superman. That’s the only company I’ve seen do it that way.

Kjun has this feature with his MacReady (and other figures). Clear base with a clear rod then a metal piece in the back that magnetizes to his back.

This can be good, meaning I can save up my money first to purchase and complete all Inart fellowship.
All I need to do is to stay alive and work.
From money perspective its good ofc, but as you mentioned time is the only thing what is less and less for each of us day by day. Certain are those things which already happened. Waiting is fine if I know how long I have to wait. Guessing from this interview and from Inarts current release speed (4 figures a year or so, from PO til release 15+ months passes) I'd say we are talking about close to 7-10 years until we see the full fellowship. Legolas and Nazgul will be earliest in 2025 as they were not mentioned this year so they wont be released in 2024. So anything else from LOTR happens in 2026.

From money perspective its good ofc, but as you mentioned time is the only thing what is less and less for each of us day by day. Certain are those things which already happened. Waiting is fine if I know how long I have to wait. Guessing from this interview and from Inarts current release speed (4 figures a year or so, from PO til release 15+ months passes) I'd say we are talking about close to 7-10 years until we see the full fellowship. Legolas and Nazgul will be earliest in 2025 as they were not mentioned this year so they wont be released in 2024. So anything else from LOTR happens in 2026.
Time flies when you're this age, I guess.
Seems like yesterday we were sixteen.. We were the rebels of the rebel scene, we wore Doc Martens in the sun, drinking vintage cider having fun..
2026 is only two blinks away.

I get the frustration. I would LOVE IT if they released LOTR figures one after another…but then you’d be excluding other collectors that may not necessarily collect LOTR. They gotta have variety in their catalogue to grow their install base.

you gotta take the bad with the good yknow?

All things considered, their release schedule has been pretty good so far. A year after reveal, PO to release…it’s really not that bad.

Look at HT’s situation. A standard release takes up to TWO years between PO and release. and that’s without delays.

Gandalf experienced delays because IA were experimenting new tech for the eyes. Didn’t work and went back to the old ways, thus pushing the figures release by a few months. Now Pennywise is on the eve of release. Another figure IA experimented new tech on with regards to the hair.

How long did it take HT to release their PW? It took so long to come out people were CERTAIN it was quietly canceled 🤣.

We’re no strangers to the waiting game for high end collectibles. The silver lining to all of this waiting is: by the time your boy Gimli is revealed, IA would have PERFECTED all of their new tech and innovations that Gimli’s figure will blow Gandalf and Aragorn out of the water.

You have THAT to look forward to🤣

I get the frustration. I would LOVE IT if they released LOTR figures one after another…but then you’d be excluding other collectors that may not necessarily collect LOTR. They gotta have variety in their catalogue to grow their install base.

you gotta take the bad with the good yknow?

All things considered, their release schedule has been pretty good so far. A year after reveal, PO to release…it’s really not that bad.

Look at HT’s situation. A standard release takes up to TWO years between PO and release. and that’s without delays.

Gandalf experienced delays because IA were experimenting new tech for the eyes. Didn’t work and went back to the old ways, thus pushing the figures release by a few months. Now Pennywise is on the eve of release. Another figure IA experimented new tech on with regards to the hair.

How long did it take HT to release their PW? It took so long to come out people were CERTAIN it was quietly canceled 🤣.

We’re no strangers to the waiting game for high end collectibles. The silver lining to all of this waiting is: by the time your boy Gimli is revealed, IA would have PERFECTED all of their new tech and innovations that Gimli’s figure will blow Gandalf and Aragorn out of the water.

You have THAT to look forward to🤣
and for that, all we gotta do is to
Stayin Alive GIF by Bee Gees

I love the way they pack the head. The little protective fish tank chamber is brilliant. So many figures with great rooted hair get all mushed up once they shove a plastic bag over their heads and jam them into a box. This is such a great (and simple) extra step to make sure your figure still looks salon fresh when they arrive at your doorstep!

Looks good in that new review posted above, though, it’s probably difficult to make this figure look bad. Odd that they kept the removable forearms from the TDK joker as they don’t serve any purpose here.

Looks good in that new review posted above, though, it’s probably difficult to make this figure look bad. Odd that they kept the removable forearms from the TDK joker as they don’t serve any purpose here.

Not true. When you swap hands, you don’t have to do ambidextrous martial arts by gripping the whole figure in one hand, pulling the hand out with the other, all the while paying extra attention so your kung fu grip doesn’t mess up the pose you had it in and you don’t accidentally break pegs or elbows.

Magnets at the forearms makes swapping put parts easier and less stressful.

“crap, I just wanna swap hands. If I pick up the figure, the hair is gonna get all unkempt. The outfit I spent HOURS to drape perfectly is gonna be in disarray. The pose I put in effort to make it look good is gonna be affected…CRAP! ah, forget it, I’m not gonna touch it now. Too much work!”

This literally happened to me.🤣

So magnets at the forearms will encourage more replay. For me at least.

Could always hope for seamless arms accessory packs in the future with potential other items.

Back