InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Perhaps the terminology of ‘magnetic surface’ is off. I’m speaking of a material that is not magnetised itself but which is attracted by magnets.

There are magnets in the shoes and magnets in the base, which is what creates such a strong connection.

Some have suggested simply using a non-magnetised metal plate to cover the full surface area under the top of the base.

The magnets in the shoe would still pull towards the metal but the strength of the connection would be far weaker than having a magnet to magnet attraction.
You can buy magnetic sheets, they’re flexible with an adhesive back. No reason InArt couldn’t have used them.

Where did you see it for $480?
It was the average PO price for this piece.
KGH has it even cheaper for $448 not including shipping. Sugotoys is $470 not including shipping.. OSK is $515, but shipping is included.
Maxnut (don't order from this site, because there are plenty of warnings!) still listed the PO price of $480 (other sites such as specfiction has no longer listed the PO price as the item is released now).

If we go by KGH price, that's only $98 more than crown Gandalf ($350), but it's such a huge upgrade on headsculpt and accessories.

It was the average PO price for this piece.
KGH has it even cheaper for $448 not including shipping. Sugotoys is $470 not including shipping.. OSK is $515, but shipping is included.
Maxnut (don't order from this site, because there are plenty of warnings!) still listed the PO price of $480 (other sites such as specfiction has no longer listed the PO price as the item is released now).

If we go by KGH price, that's only $98 more than crown Gandalf ($350), but it's such a huge upgrade on headsculpt and accessories.

Agreed on it being a huge upgrade. I never heard Sugotoys before. I take it they're legit?

It would seem easier to just make a custom base where the entire top is magnetic.
Yeah, or a custom base with a crotch grabber. I’m sorry but magnetic bases are in no way an innovation, they’re just an obstacle to posing. They are less safe and they limit posing options in terms of: feet positioning, feet angling (they can only lay flat), and balancing, cause the figure have to balance itself.

There’s only a small aesthetic advantage I don’t give a crap about.

Apparently in an interview they mentioned they want to do the full Fellowship. Also with their licenses not being as abundant as HT, they could have more room to get through the 9. So we might have a chance at the full Fellowship by the time they are done with the license. I'm down for as many of them as they are willing to do.
Anyone has a link to this interview? :)

Edit:

Got it I guess.

Here between 39:22-41:51 he mentions they will do them but they are in no huge rush as they are timeless etc. and they need to release DC figures to keep that license alive.

Meaning it will take many years until we see all of the Fellowship.

Last edited:
Agreed on it being a huge upgrade. I never heard Sugotoys before. I take it they're legit?
Too legit to quit lol. But seriously, excellent site. Prices are good (admittedly not great), but huge range including a lot of third party and great customer service as well.

Yeah, or a custom base with a crotch grabber. I’m sorry but magnetic bases are in no way an innovation, they’re just an obstacle to posing. They are less safe and they limit posing options in terms of: feet positioning, feet angling (they can only lay flat), and balancing, cause the figure have to balance itself.

There’s only a small aesthetic advantage I don’t give a crap about.
Wrongo. 😆 Here is my mid-walk Joker pose. Magnet base. No issues. I'm an advocate for no crotch grabber bases. People just need to spend more time futzing and making it work. Which is seems most don't want to.

Screenshot_20230903_144938_Instagram.jpg

Wrongo. 😆 Here is my mid-walk Joker pose. Magnet base. No issues. I'm an advocate for no crotch grabber bases. People just need to spend more time futzing and making it work. Which is seems most don't want to.

View attachment 660372
A magnetic base is still more limiting than a crotch grabber. I favor poseability over aesthetics, same reason I favor wrist pegs over seamless arms. I’d buy a statue if I favored a seamless wrist over poseability.

A magnetic base is still more limiting than a crotch grabber. I favor poseability over aesthetics, same reason I favor wrist pegs over seamless arms. I’d buy a statue if I favored a seamless wrist over poseability.
Agree to disagree. Crotch grabbers (of any kind) are an eyesore. Wrist pegs pull from the realism unless covered.

People who like crotch-grabber stands must collect a lot of superheroes... because they absolutely ruin the look of regular pants on any figure. A character like Indy, with baggy pants, looks terrible with a CG stand.

The new "shin-grabbers" are better -- although over time your figure could tip over with weak knees.

Here between 39:22-41:51 he mentions they will do them but they are in no huge rush as they are timeless etc. and they need to release DC figures to keep that license alive.

Meaning it will take many years until we see all of the Fellowship.
This can be good, meaning I can save up my money first to purchase and complete all Inart fellowship.
All I need to do is to stay alive and work.

View attachment 660372

Pretty much. To each their own, but some of these comments on social media trying argue that magnetic base and magnetic hands/heads are terrible kinda sound contrived. I'd love for them to become standard and see pegs get blasted into the sun. And I don't even hate crotch grabbers necessarily, but I'd take magnets over them any day. I've really heard people rail against that Joker base but I haven't had a problem once I got a handle on where the magnets are. Also, I don't even use stands for at least half of the figures on my shelf.

Last edited:
Back