InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not true. When you swap hands, you don’t have to do ambidextrous martial arts by gripping the whole figure in one hand, pulling the hand out with the other, all the while paying extra attention so your kung fu grip doesn’t mess up the pose you had it in and you don’t accidentally break pegs or elbows.

Magnets at the forearms makes swapping put parts easier and less stressful.

“crap, I just wanna swap hands. If I pick up the figure, the hair is gonna get all unkempt. The outfit I spent HOURS to drape perfectly is gonna be in disarray. The pose I put in effort to make it look good is gonna be affected…CRAP! ah, forget it, I’m not gonna touch it now. Too much work!”

This literally happened to me.🤣

So magnets at the forearms will encourage more replay. For me at least.
Glad it makes sense for you. But, I’d rather not have to feed half the arm back into the sleeve every time I want to swap hands. It’s already pretty easy to swap the hand with the magnets vs the little pegs that Ht and other companies use.

The forearm being removable is more trouble than it’s worth in my experience though. Like with the full purple suit joker, I really dislike how, unless you hold the forearm in place at around where the magnet connects, the whole thing will come dislodged. Then, lining it back up without catching the shirt becomes a hassle to which I have to nearly disrobe him just to put the arm back on. This has happened several times for me when all I wanted to do was switch out a hand. Different strokes for different folks though.
Could always hope for seamless arms accessory packs in the future with potential other items.
Seamless arms aren’t really necessary for Gandalf though given that, to be accurate, you should have his hands wrapped in the sleeves with the thumb in the hole so the wrists wouldn’t be seen anyway.

Glad it makes sense for you. But, I’d rather not have to feed half the arm back into the sleeve every time I want to swap hands. It’s already pretty easy to swap the hand with the magnets vs the little pegs that Ht and other companies use.

The forearm being removable is more trouble than it’s worth in my experience though. Like with the full purple suit joker, I really dislike how, unless you hold the forearm in place at around where the magnet connects, the whole thing will come dislodged. Then, lining it back up without catching the shirt becomes a hassle to which I have to nearly disrobe him just to put the arm back on. This has happened several times for me when all I wanted to do was switch out a hand. Different strokes for different folks though.

Seamless arms aren’t really necessary for Gandalf though given that, to be accurate, you should have his hands wrapped in the sleeves with the thumb in the hole so the wrists wouldn’t be seen anyway.

Mmm, you do bring up a good point with joker. The sleeve openings are pretty small after all. But I think the process with Gandalf should be easier since his inner and outer sleeves have a lot of slack to play with.

But we shall see.

I swear my heart feels like it’s about to explode from shipping notification anxiety 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Mmm, you do bring up a good point with joker. The sleeve openings are pretty small after all. But I think the process with Gandalf should be easier since his inner and outer sleeves have a lot of slack to play with.

But we shall see.

I swear my heart feels like it’s about to explode from shipping notification anxiety 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
I'm sitting here in anticipation for my shipping notification for Gandalf and my invoice from Kit for Pennywise.
giphy.gif

Where best to get some clear base stands, UK based
Hong Kong.
The U.K. is useless for providing anything related to this hobby.

I’ve bought a couple batches of these in the past
https://www.kghobby.com/kghobby-adjustable-action-figure-model-kit-plastic-display-stand/
The shipping automatically increases with every additional set added- to what I deem an unreasonable amount given the low weight of the stands- so, if you want a lot of them, it might be worth messaging via fb messenger to ask for a quote of how many they can genuinely ship within the 2kg limit for the standard cost.

I'm sitting here in anticipation for my shipping notification for Gandalf and my invoice from Kit for Pennywise.
View attachment 660638

The quality with Joker and Gandalf have made me REALLY consider PW, despite not being the biggest fan of the movies and also being creeped out by his design.

But the fact they’ve yet again tried something new with PW’s hair really has me hyped for it. INART ARE NOT PLAYING YO!

I feel like…I wanna purchase EVERY figure they produce. Just because I know I’m getting a piece of ART. I gotta message Kit to see if I can jump onto any canceled orders.

The quality with Joker and Gandalf have made me REALLY consider PW, despite not being the biggest fan of the movies and also being creeped out by his design.

But the fact they’ve yet again tried something new with PW’s hair really has me hyped for it. INART ARE NOT PLAYING YO!

I feel like…I wanna purchase EVERY figure they produce. Just because I know I’m getting a piece of ART. I gotta message Kit to see if I can jump onto any canceled orders.
I feel the same. If I could afford to be a completist With this company I'd love to collect all these "ticket stubs" they are including with each figure. I'm a sucker for stuff like that. I still have my ticket stubs for each LotR film. RoTK I even purchased an extra ticket that I didn't get ripped at the theater as a souvenir. 😆

I feel the same. If I could afford to be a completist With this company I'd love to collect all these "ticket stubs" they are including with each figure. I'm a sucker for stuff like that. I still have my ticket stubs for each LotR film. RoTK I even purchased an extra ticket that I didn't get ripped at the theater as a souvenir. 😆

Dude right?? The figure itself is LOVELY…but adding that ticket is a sweet SWEET little touch!

I get the frustration. I would LOVE IT if they released LOTR figures one after another…but then you’d be excluding other collectors that may not necessarily collect LOTR. They gotta have variety in their catalogue to grow their install base.

you gotta take the bad with the good yknow?

All things considered, their release schedule has been pretty good so far. A year after reveal, PO to release…it’s really not that bad.

Look at HT’s situation. A standard release takes up to TWO years between PO and release. and that’s without delays.

Gandalf experienced delays because IA were experimenting new tech for the eyes. Didn’t work and went back to the old ways, thus pushing the figures release by a few months. Now Pennywise is on the eve of release. Another figure IA experimented new tech on with regards to the hair.

How long did it take HT to release their PW? It took so long to come out people were CERTAIN it was quietly canceled 🤣.

We’re no strangers to the waiting game for high end collectibles. The silver lining to all of this waiting is: by the time your boy Gimli is revealed, IA would have PERFECTED all of their new tech and innovations that Gimli’s figure will blow Gandalf and Aragorn out of the water.

You have THAT to look forward to🤣
I agree with everything except HT doesnt concern me. Thank God. :D

Their release schedule is fine, just wish they would be able to do 6-8 figures in a year instead of 4. Maybe they will get there with time.

And I am all for them releasing other figures from other franchises which makes other people happy too.

I agree with everything except HT doesnt concern me. Thank God. :D

Their release schedule is fine, just wish they would be able to do 6-8 figures in a year instead of 4. Maybe they will get there with time.

And I am all for them releasing other figures from other franchises which makes other people happy too.

Oh man that would blow minds if their production reached a point where they can release 6-8 figures a year whilst remaining consistent with that IA quality. That’d be the dream.

Or nightmare. Because *** damn that’s gonna wreck wallets. 😅

Oh man that would blow minds if their production reached a point where they can release 6-8 figures a year whilst remaining consistent with that IA quality. That’d be the dream.

Or nightmare. Because *** damn that’s gonna wreck wallets. 😅
That’d be ideal for me. The only reason I’m still buying as much as I do is all the stellar 3P announcements as of late.

I’ve pretty much hit a dead-end with HT so InArt could happily increase their output to fill the void left by the monumental downfalls of the MCU AND Star Wars.

Also, I was just struck by how this- just like with Joker- seems like a completely luxurious unboxing experience.
It’s so wonderful to not merely have to remove a clamshell, tear off some plastic covers and plop your figure down on its disgusting sand base crotch grabber for a change.

Last edited:
Back