InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me help you with that...

Asmus vs InArt COMP.jpg

Plain to see the InArt is superior. With that said the Asmus one isn’t bad at all especially at the price difference. If they wouldn’t have tried moveable eyes on him it would have looked a lot better. Releasing the joke of a hat they did was wrong all around.
One of the biggest downgrades I've seen from a prototype outside of StarAce figures. They were smart to switch to non-PERs for GTW and only announce it with a production version. That original GTG prototype looked really good. What a shame.

gandalf-the-grey_the-lord-of-the-rings_feature.jpg

One of the biggest downgrades I've seen from a prototype outside of StarAce figures. They were smart to switch to non-PERs for GTW and only announce it with a production version. That original GTG prototype looked really good. What a shame.

gandalf-the-grey_the-lord-of-the-rings_feature.jpg
I can’t disagree. If Gandalf would have looked like this I would be saying InArt who?

Kinda nauseating to keep looking at asmus stuff, there is no comparison, just sell it while you can and get the better Inart piece.

InArt will only make 4-7 LOTR figures over the next 5 years at best. So it is not impossible to upgrade the few figures they make, and keep going with Asmus on the others.

Key characters are worth the upgrade.

In any event, this is where the hobby is going, so in time you'l have no choice. In time, the $350 figure will be the "cheap" variant.

InArt will only make 4-7 LOTR figures over the next 5 years at best. So it is not impossible to upgrade the few figures they make, and keep going with Asmus on the others.

Key characters are worth the upgrade.

In any event, this is where the hobby is going, so in time you'l have no choice. In time, the $350 figure will be the "cheap" variant.
Agree.

Cant see Inart really doing more than Gimli, Frodo&Sam in a pack and Boromir besides Legolas and Nazgul (already mentioned by Inart) from FOTR.
And that will take them 5 years if they release 1 per year (Frodo and Sam released together). Starting in 2025, since they didnt show Legolas and Nazgul this year, meaning they show either of them in 2024 so thats a 2025 release date.

Otherwise I dont think Sam will draw in 5000 POs alone, not even 2000.
All the other characters can do 2500-3000+ imo, some maybe even more.

What I dont understand (have no insight so I might be totally wrong about what I think) why doesnt Inart make a poll/thorough market research what people would like to see?
But not in a way that anyone can mention anything but listing franchises and you can select lets say 3 from a list.
They could do this in China and outside of China as well.
And they would see what people want.
Pennywise PO numbers indicate to me that that they didnt do this and they could have gone with a character from Lotr/HP/Dune/DC etc. with much higher PO numbers.

Last edited:
Well, Harry Poter and LOTR are not even in top 20 (per wiki) foreign films in China. And supposedly InArt is doing what the Chinese want/like. And to top it off, those have way more fans than IT. They should have really gone with a different character, esp that HT had their release earlier.

Back