InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On top of that, which figures/franchises are even mainstream apart from marvel/star wars and would sell in big numbers?

You could argue lotr is their biggest franchise apart from things that are big in china of course.

Cant wait for aragorn and even legolas

This looks less like GtG than the older sculpt. The eyes are bad there, but next to InArt it is obvious that the sculpt is pretty good, and as we can't see eyes clearly it looks pretty decent next to InArt.

gtg210.jpg

gtwg210.jpg

gtwg610.jpg

gtwg910.jpg

gtwg1110.jpg

It's the Asmus GtW version, I just added some hairs and made a color...

On top of that, which figures/franchises are even mainstream apart from marvel/star wars and would sell in big numbers?

You could argue lotr is their biggest franchise apart from things that are big in china of course.

Cant wait for aragorn and even legolas
True but Inart is not allowed to do star wars and marvel, thars why I didnt even mention those.
I honestly have no idea what western franchise are popular over there.
But Pennywise was not a good choice for them for sure.

Ordered him from OneSixthKit, was my first time using them for a figure. Do they normally get the stock in quick? Should I expect the invoice in the next month?

Ordered him from OneSixthKit, was my first time using them for a figure. Do they normally get the stock in quick? Should I expect the invoice in the next month?
Kit goes by the order in which he got them in and seeing as how the first preorders were months and months ago, you'll probably be in the later batches.

This would be the case for most retailers at this point though since Gandalf has been up for PO for a while. Hopping on it now from anyone would result in a later batch.

Well, Harry Poter and LOTR are not even in top 20 (per wiki) foreign films in China. And supposedly InArt is doing what the Chinese want/like. And to top it off, those have way more fans than IT. They should have really gone with a different character, esp that HT had their release earlier.
Outside of Marvel, DC, Transformers and Fast & Furious - most of the franchises popular in the western world are not popular in China. Certainly not Star Wars and it's probably gaining on Marvel as a top seller for Hot Toys at this point.

I don't think InArt is only doing what the Chinese like or LOTR and Harry Potter would not be stuff they are going heavy on. They just don't have the licenses to sell globally, which only benefits them right now as they aren't nearly scaled to sell through Sideshow or wherever else at this point.

Later batches were better on the Joker though.
Really hoping that's not a recurring theme as it does kinda suck that later batches had a better handle on the hair work. Hoping that was just part of the learning curve of the firsts mass produced figure like this rather than the standard. I didn't order Gandalf right away nor Harry but I did for Aragorn so finger's crossed future releases are more consistent than Joker.

Really hoping that's not a recurring theme as it does kinda suck that later batches had a better handle on the hair work.

I think its more 'luck of the draw' really. I suppose there is some 'improvement over time' that kicks in on the chain-gang. But its not like as soon as one doll is haired, its picked up and packed and shipped immediately. I'm sure haired dolls pile up, then packed indiscriminately, then the packed boxes are stacked in a who-knows order.

I mean, if we saw like 20 improved Jokers in later months OK, but other than the blutac issue, there was no real improvement... just one Joker here and one Joker there that looks "better" but could just be luck.

Yeah there really wasn't any differences in batches for Joker. The blutac issue was also overblown, as dumb as it was on INART's part for it. The only time I ever saw that blutac thing happen was the 1-2 cases we saw on this forum. I don't recall ever seeing it anywhere else unless if I missed something.

The hair difference is just natural human handy work differences. These aren't being rooted by machines so you're gonna see subtle differences from one sculpt to another. From what we've seen so far, the production sculpt is shaping up to be quite nice.

exMk6og.png

I like that InArt reignited the hype we had when HT was doing new figures with amazing sculpts and details, like DX13.
I remember how much I was impressed when got Tony Stark Mech Test. Recent releases were fine, but the hype was lost. Too much produced, too little impressive stuff.
Very true. There were a few HT figures that I was incredibly impressed by but as I acquired more and more there were far too many that were just serviceable and didn't impress in any way.

Back