InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, sorry. I don’t go on the boards as much as I used to. Didn’t mean to offend.

Does anyone know what the INART designer is spraying in the figure's hair?

Jerry Curl Juice.....:p

screaming tom hardy GIF

the foley sounds for this video bother me so much, i'd be better off if the video was in mute lol

i think its either water or maybe hair spray, i typically use a medium hold to keep my rooted haired figures in place.

Either pure water or hair product like spray. From the looks of it I think it was just pure water tbh cause hair spray will usually leave a bit of residue which I can't see in the video.

Ok, sorry. I don’t go on the boards as much as I used to. Didn’t mean to offend.
You aren’t offending anyone. I’ve been on the boards since 2006 and only just learned about onesixthkit in the last year.

It’s nice to know a legit store to acquire these Inart figures, let’s all just appreciate and share that joy.

I'd be lying if I said that Asmus has a better Gandalf. If I had the chance to choose between the two, I would choose InArt... but unfortunately I already have Asmus' Crown Gandalf and I can't see being able to sell it. :(
Yeah, my friends here are having hard times trying to sell asmus crown gandalf as well.. Those who managed to sell it, settle for less than good price.
I am lucky I get to sell it for a good price, before most people are aware of InArt Gandalf's existence.

I hope you get to sell yours and got the chance to preorder InArt's Gandalf, mate!

I already have the Asmus GtG and am having trouble deciding if I "need" to purchase the InArt one...

I spent a lot of money on the Asmus version and don't wish to spend another huge amount on the InArt version. The head sculpts are really the only major difference (InArt's obviously looking better, so far) but I can't justify the price, as my Asmus honestly looks fantastic on display. Like pixletwin, if I had neither, the decision would have been easier.

remember, Asmus said they are in the process of fitting a grey beard on the whites sculpt for an improved head upgrade...
If they can pull it off they will have turned the flawed release into a complete winner- just as good (in my opinion) as inart.

remember, Asmus said they are in the process of fitting a grey beard on the whites sculpt for an improved head upgrade...
If they can pull it off they will have turned the flawed release into a complete winner- just as good (in my opinion) as inart.
Agreed. If they pull it off, it’ll be a great, affordable upgrade to anyone who has any of the previous Asmus Gandalf figures. You’ll just be missing the moving eyes.

Good luck getting ahold of the GTG head though seeing as Asmus’ new strategy is to just plop a minuscule amount of stock up on their site and not let anyone know about it till the two dozen or so available copies have sold out.

I’d hold off on selling the Crown Figure until InArt’s has released.

That won’t be available at retail anywhere then and the price will only increase on the secondary market, which will make the Crown figure seem more appealing.

Right now, anyone in search of a quality Gandalf the Grey will have eyes for InArt only.
Watch InArt’s go up for $700 the day after it’s released and the Crown won’t seem so bad.

Good luck getting ahold of the GTG head though seeing as Asmus’ new strategy is to just plop a minuscule amount of stock up on their site and not let anyone know about it till the two dozen or so available copies have sold out.

That won’t be available at retail anywhere then and the price will only increase on the secondary market, which will make the Crown figure seem more appealing.

Right now, anyone in search of a quality Gandalf the Grey will have eyes for InArt only.
Watch InArt’s go up for $700 the day after it’s released and the Crown won’t seem so bad.

Yeah their methods and timing of giving said upgrade sculpts has been pretty bad. A few of their past promised upgrades have also been forgotten and never gone through if I remember correctly.

"You’ll just be missing the moving eyes."
No big loss there as far as i'm concerned, not in the habbit of moving them anyway!
Haha fair enough. I know it’s not for everyone. I don’t mind not having it. But, I’ve always enjoyed that feature since the DX01, so if it’s possible, I’ll take it. However, it obviously needs to be done well, and unfortunately the original crown GtG sculpt didn’t fair to well with it. In the case of the new GtW headsculpt, it looks great without the moving eyes, so definitely not need for it. And if anyone is able to snag one of those or the potential new GtG sculpt, you’ll definitely be set with no need for the InArt IMO.

Back