InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad to see Gandalf has room for improvement, albeit slight.

I feel Joker is there -- sure there's always nits but overall it is as promised.

That Batman was a pretty great sample. Bruce Wayne, not so much. He needs a lot of work.

And what was Pennywise again?

Gandalf is a production prototype?! Lol

That means they won't be changing anything, but will aim for that level of quality from the factories

I thought that initially but:

1. Joker is final product
2. Gandalf is a sample of mass production
3. Batman and Pennywise are prototypes
A sample of mass production.....so, final product then?

Explain to me how those two are different, exactly? I've worked in hard lines for ten years. There isn't any difference - those are just semantics.

A sample of mass production.....so, final product then?

Explain to me how those two are different, exactly? I've worked in hard lines for ten years. There isn't any difference - those are just semantics.
1. Joker is final product - Which means the figures are already produced by the factory and people will be receiving one of these.
2. Gandalf is a sample of mass production - Which means that the factory has not started mass producing but sent a few copies for confirmation (pretty close to production, but not exactly as there can be minor changes).
3. Batman and Pennywise are prototypes - Well, this is clear.

1. Joker is final product - Which means the figures are already produced by the factory and people will be receiving one of these.
2. Gandalf is a sample of mass production - Which means that the factory has not started mass producing but sent a few copies for confirmation (pretty close to production, but not exactly as there can be minor changes).

Thanks for this I was just posting similar. 👍🏻

That type of errors not just in the publications, but in social media, the event is just for having a horrible team of marketing.

Last edited:
The keyword here is MINOR. I can tell you that requesting changes this late in the game (in the case of Gandalf) will result in delays as well as extra costs. Something I'm sure InArt doesn't want to deal with. So anyone hoping you're going to get alterations from what was shown is in for disappointment.

Watched the Justin video a couple times now, and if you don’t think that is the image of Sir Ian you need your eyes testing and your PO given to someone that wants it! It’s about time people recognise the hard work put in to the production of these figures and less nit picking. As a huge LOTR and Ian fan I’d say he’s pretty damn incredible.

I didn't PO based on the fantastic InArt proto photos... so I'm certainly not going to PO after this silly Vegas show. I'll wait for Joker to start getting in hand to better tell what I can expect from InArt. Right now, I'm confused. No doubt this is the BEST Gandalf on the market... and Justin's review helped show that the early adopters at the show need to get their act --and their phone cameras -- together.

In order of being impressed at the Vegas Show:

Pennywise
Joker
Batman
Gandalf
Bruce Wayne

The likeness of the sculpt and the paint work is brilliant, but the beard and the robe are too short and that is clear as day.

Got mine today…. I mean, not bad.

F0BC2BB3-3563-48B1-8D91-63985C9D0D0B.jpeg

Back