InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks stellar as I expected. People love to jump ship so quickly lol

I commented on Justin's videos (Joker prototype review) and asked him why he reviews a prototype and not the final product when it is supposedly done. He said that it was actually a final product review and he made mistake ... So this could be the same case.

View attachment 603144
Yet he still hasn't changed the title, usually when people make mistakes they're keen to fix them.

Well I think we can be a little bit relieved from this video, from the picture with the hat you can clearly see it looks just like the one they displayed, not much detail, weird face and all we were concerned about, but as soon as the hat is off the details are indeed there and yeah I think we can safely say the lighting and the posing with the hat did him dirty in the event. To me as I said the first pic I attached with the hat looks just like the event one, no detail what so ever. Now this figure being work in progress still maybe we can be loud enough for them to change the beard, that's santa claus beard all the way through, aint even close to gandalf, however I'm REALLY happy.

Attachments

• 493ac95302ae5266974330d9eaca96e6.png
    493ac95302ae5266974330d9eaca96e6.png
    532.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 8c13dd46165966f9d0fa3fbfec36334c.jpg
    8c13dd46165966f9d0fa3fbfec36334c.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 0
If that's definitely the one that was at Vegas, and if that in turn was a production piece (or representatitve of one), then I'd be more than happy if I'd ordered one.

View attachment 603148

View attachment 603149

For 500€ i expected clothes of better quality.... And blue belt seems fragile as hell.
The cloth seems good to me. Compared to Asmus which is too thick I am glad this cloth is tin. The belt is fragile also on the Asmus one because it is hard to make it durable on such a small scale with leather or it would have to be plastic. You are nitpicking too hard here.

It looks good but the beard is definitely a downgrade from the promo, looks like it's the same type of hair used on the head instead of the more bushy and wirey looking beard hair.
View attachment 603150
Isn't that just because they used too much hair product on the beard compared to almost no hair product (moisture) on the prototype one? If yes we might be able to just use a little water on the beard to remove the product and it should be fixed. That is how I fixed few Asmus figures as well, including CS Gandalf.

Head sculpt and paint look great! Beard is about an inch too short though, no denying that. Even with the product washed out I doubt it'll be long enough...

Clothes are decent but so are the Asmus ones if you bother to iron the pleats in properly and water treat it. The only difference here is they added the woven trim to the edges and the tear/repair to the right sleeve. Also, the robe is WAY too short! Like an inch or so. It's literally around his ankles. The trousers are missing the embroidered pattern around the bottom too. You only see them occasionally in the movie but even Asmus got it right.

I'm still not sold on the outer robe being so brown and the fabric seems very thin whereas the movie and Asmus version used a thicker fabric. Movie version has brown in there sure but it's definitely a grey/brown mix.

Boots are literally the same quality as Asmus but in the wrong material and color (they are a tan suede, not smooth brown leather).

Accessories and hands etc. look great.

Overall it's good but there are some head scratching issues/oversights/bad design choices...let's hope it is the prototype and not the production version.

He looks great in that video. The sculpt looks really good. Definitely they beard needs a little bit of work.
So glad I’ve this on order. The hat sits really well on his head which is great.
Are they missing his fingerless gloves?
Is the hat a different shade than the one on display at the show?

Not sure what you mean but are you going to take the clothes off and display Gandalf naked or what? If the body was more buff it would not look right with the clothes on.

Clothes doesn't have weight at all. Seems cheap. That's a fact.

About the body, if you bend the arm doesn't look good. Happens with Joker, seems like bending a clip, not a human arm.

Looks stellar as I expected. People love to jump ship so quickly lol

I commented on Justin's videos (Joker prototype review) and asked him why he reviews a prototype and not the final product when it is supposedly done. He said that it was actually a final product review and he made mistake ... So this could be the same case.

View attachment 603144
YES!!! That is a HUGE relief.

Looks great to me, spot on. If anyone says that's not a massive step up from the Asmus then they're fooling themselves :lol.
Wow looks great there. They did these figures no justice with their event and even with these Justin videos to be honest. Should just create their own showcase videos with better lighting like they did with their Joker production video.

Like a few others have said, I'm really just in this for the sculpt and a non baby-sized hat to remedy the poorly done Asmus production version. Will be more than happy if that's what they go with for production. Massive step up from the Asmus sculpt. Actually looks like a human being.

505bZWf.png

Last edited:
I also made a small fast comparison, and i must specify that for the Asmus I took the most beautiful photos that I saw of him, taken with a very good camera and good lighting which puts it in values

For the InArt well here it is the flashy lighting of Justin wich spoils the rendering and burns details.
But the Gandalf in this video is still largely better than all that we had this WE so I think that to make a comparison with that was fair

PS: I put 2 photos of Asmus because as you know we do not all receive the same level of hair / beard ... I put the 2 possible versions
01.jpg

Back