InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if it’s too late to change up the beard though?

Sure that will be a deal breaker for a lot of people.
I personally doubt there's any time for them to make further adjustments, don't really get the people claiming there's still time or whatever. I will probably be lightly rooting his chin to try to add some length and volume to his beard from behind...

Wow, they really must have worked some more on the sculpt because the likeness comes through a helluva lot stronger than it did in the preview pics. Although I'm starting to think a fabric hat is just not a good choice for a 1/6 Gandalf as even this Inart version suddenly makes the figure look like a cheap toy once it's on.

Clothes doesn't have weight at all. Seems cheap. That's a fact.

About the body, if you bend the arm doesn't look good. Happens with Joker, seems like bending a clip, not a human arm.
Didn't know we were buying humans.
What's that leg? body on this figures seems quite thin... cloth seems too transparent isn't it?
Larys Strong is that you?

Everyone value his own money in his own way. If you are happy with this figure at 500€, it's ok. I respect that. For me is not the case. A little bit of respect please ; )

Wow, they really must have worked some more on the sculpt because the likeness comes through a helluva lot stronger than it did in the preview pics. Although I'm starting to think a fabric hat is just not a good choice for a 1/6 Gandalf as even this Inart version suddenly makes the figure look like a cheap toy once it's on.
Yeah the hat doesn't look great, but tbh I'll never use it anyway as why would I wanna hide that sculpt?

Are you getting this? Would love to see comparison between this and your modified Asmus.

It’s a nice figure but I don’t know if I want to spend $600 CAN on a 1/6 figure. I will however spend $600 on a piece of art. Is this a piece of art? It’s up to us individual’s to determine.

Screenshot 2022-10-17 130347.png

I mean..

So happy to see the Justin review this morning, as expected the figure looks much closer to what was promised than that poor video at the show.

I agree the beard looks a bit short, but maybe some tugging on those curls will add a wee bit of length.

I also agree that the hat will remain in the box for me. It immediately hides what makes this figure look so real -- the head -- and doesn't look as 1/1 as anything else on the figure. It is in desperate need of weathering at the very least.

Overall, I think I may just pick this up once available after all.

We just need to wire lights inside his hat, so the face can still be seen with it on. :lol

Sheesh, this looks incredible. I almost regret passing, but I’m trying to be pickier about what I order nowadays. Congrats to those getting him.

It's really a shame that Asmus botched the eyes on the Crown Gandalf. I ended up skipping this because I didn't want to drop $500+ on a character I already had. Normally, I don't mind an upgrade, but at this price point I didn't want to jump on it for a company we hadn't seen production pieces on. If Asmus managed to make decent looking eyes on their Gandalf I don't think I'd have any second thoughts, but this does look really sublime.

Yeah, I never did get the Crown Gandalf, instead I was waiting for them to offer the head to upgrade my original Asmus Gandalf... but since that never happened, I will gladly upgrade to this InArt.

Of course, I'm still waiting to see Aragorn to know for certain.

Back