InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gandalf is nice but it is a lot of money for someone who is essentially covered in a rob. Aside from the head sculpt everything else is hidden. My interest my be with Aragon, Legalos and Gimili. I kind of hope we see FOTR Strider Aragorn. There is a lot of visible detail in that outfit.

This video gives a really nice look at Gandalf - I'm very impressed with him here, he looks miles better than Asmus, really see McKellen likeness.

Yeah, that's the video I saw. Better than Asmus for sure... but not sure I'm personally sold yet. I want to see some good hi-res pictures now from the floor. The guy said he took some. They should be up tonight.

The eyebrows are completely different than proto. They decided to make him look like there were about 6 balrogs instead of 1?

Gandalf IS production, right? So that's what you get.

If I'm not sold on Gandalf, it will affect my decision on Aragorn.
No idea what it is that they were showing. But these type videos don't always flatter the figures. That's why I'm thinking (hoping really), that when it's in the hands of reviewers that we will get a better idea of what it really looks like. But yea, first looks wouldn't sell me either if I hadn't PO'd yet.

And I agree with you, if Gandalf looks like that much of a downgrade from proto to production, I'll begrudgingly cancel my PO and not order Aragorn.

It's definitely interesting to see the difference in quality. Batman looks better than Bruce, Joker looks amazing as does Pennywise and Galdalf looks like a downgrade.

Last edited:
y23wojT.png

I don't think it is possible to make out any of the details a figure might have when it's sitting behind plexiglass and being filmed in 720p. The angle of the hat makes his face looks weird, but if I focus on where the hairline is, I think it looks fine proportionally, at least. The beard just looks sad.

This isn't the Asmus Crown Gandalf killer that everyone thought it would be. It looks good but doesn't blow the Asmus figure away.

No regrets in passing. But the bar is definitely lower for Aragorn, as there just hasn't been one that is close (head sculpt) yet to Viggo.

It looks like they ran into the same exact scenario that Asmus had with the hair between the beard and head being vastly different from the proto.

Back