InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually quite like how the sculpt looks there but the lighting and video/photography is doing it no justice. Super overblown lighting and the 480p paused video frame sucks.
You and me both man, I was beginning to wonder if I just had low standards because I really like how the sculpt and rooting looks! :ROFLMAO:
Need better pics for sure, but for me this already looks a lot better than the Asmus (production - the Asmus prototype was very good, but still not quite as strong a likeness to Sir Ian as I am seeing here)

Badlighting.jpg

Bad Lighting!!!

I actually quite like how the sculpt looks there but the lighting and video/photography is doing it no justice. Super overblown lighting and the 480p paused video frame sucks.
While not ideal, that's 720p, which is the top quality of that particular stream.

From even the poor images, this needs TLC. Steeeeeep drop from proto, no matter how you cut it. The color of the costume seems improved.

That being said, Joker looks very good all around and it implies they can deliver a solid product all around.

In any case, the beard/hair situation looks identical to Asmus' final product as far as material selection goes. The moustache appears cleaner. Either way, the beard/hair material was a key point of improvement and they simply didn't meet that in this apparently production example.

In hand the realism of the Asmus eyes and mustache is laughable compared to this. As long as the hat can go down further and the production paint is as good as what we’ve seen so far I think this will be superior beyond any doubt.

I think the question is more, is a more lifelike set of eyes, mustache, and paint important enough to upgrade a figure you just bought in the last couple years?

For me the head sculpt makes or breaks a figure and I think, so far, this is meaningful enough for me to go through with the order.

I am pretty satisfied with how InArt Gandalf turned out and I can not wait to have him in my collection, there are never too many Gandalfs :) Honestly, looks better than Asmus Crown Series I got (I love the figure by the way) but it is to be expected due to the price difference. I am sure Asmus would also do better if they could price figures at 500+ USD.

Last edited:
The beard...why is it just greasy strands rather than the full bush? It's also way too short!

Attachments

• 0436 (2).jpg
    0436 (2).jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 9143 (1).jpg
    9143 (1).jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 0
Still looks miles better than the Asmus version, although that’s not exactly difficult to achieve.

I think the lighting and the position of his head is throwing this figure.
It’s the only figure on display with head tilted up towards the light. Think a different pose would have been better to show off the sculpt and paint details.

I think the lighting and the position of his head is throwing this figure.
It’s the only figure on display with head tilted up towards the light. Think a different pose would have been better to show off the sculpt and paint details.
Yes, head tilted up towards the light, and as they raised his head to the sky, I really that's hope that's it wich gives this impression on the beard!
If not, InArt better fix this beard to short, or we will have to be numerous to complain and put pressure on them because of the price!
AI don't want an "Asmus+"

For the moment, we have to wait others photos more professional in good quality with others poses

Last edited:
A lot people getting cold feet here because of the price but this stream quality sucks and inarts choices on how to pose and light this figure are pretty unflattering and definitely not how I will display it at home. This is the best one sixth version we are likely to ever get.

A lot people getting cold feet here because of the price but this stream quality sucks and inarts choices on how to pose and light this figure are pretty unflattering and definitely not how I will display it at home. This is the best one sixth version we are likely to ever get.
They do need to improve the beard though.

Back