InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because there’s slight inconsistencies to the hair and makeup throughout the almost 2 year filming process squeezed into a 3 hr movie, lighting, different lenses, on top of that we have Ian’s expressiveness…we’re never gonna get the ULTIMATE Gandalf because many people have certain scenes or close ups of the character burned into their minds. That’s not to say Ian’s Gandalf is a man of a million faces, but all of the aforementioned plays into how WE the individual sees someone.

PHOTO BOMB ALERT:
CLEARLY it’s Ian in every photo…but he does look slightly different in every one. lighting, lens distortion, expression can cause slight variations to the eyes, nose, lips, overall shape of the face. That’s why we have folks here saying Asmus’ GTG (sans the poorly implemented PERS) AND GTW look more like Ian because THOSE portraits resonated with them.

And now we have IA’s version where their portrait resonates with me as well as others that are completely happy with it. I see Ian in this sculpt. Someone else may not…and I’m not the least bit surprised by it.

But for someone to say “a downgrade from the proto” is ludicrous and OBJECTIVELY FALSE.
:goodpost::clap

IMO a great, thoughtful post, backed up with images. My own feeling is that ASMUS sculpts are very good, capturing a more lean, aged look (except for the zombie eyes:monkey3) and the INART is a very robust, handsome Gandalf - definitely a good likeness tho.

Gotta admit, I do envy the hair on this one, whether screen accurate or not. Now I wanna add more hair to my Gandalfs:lol.

well officially Inart is the future for the 1/6scale

I dont even collect lords of the rings and I want a f Gandalf :clap

Maybe it’s time to start 😉

I don’t know what you primarily collect…but LOTR is a one time cinematic achievement that will most likely not be replicated for a long time. They tried to with The Hobbit trilogy…and we all know how that went.

Regardless of the “prequels”…Ian IS Gandalf and will forever be associated with the character. That’s how perfect he is.

If you got the funds, go for it. You may not have collected LOTR…but you can rest easy that you’ll have a work of art on your shelf.

It’s a win win scenario if you asked me 😁

Sigh. I don't think I am repeating over and over again, it's more like playing Whack a Mole with folks who are so convinced they made the right choice, it's impossible for them to conceive that someone may have a completely different opinion.

And I kind've get it, I guess. If you felt really intense about getting the "right" Gandalf (and you are less into seams and tiny details and lots of volume of cloth, as well as diorama bases). So now folks have a handsome head sculpt Gandalf. Eventually I will have, apparently, a handsome head sculpt Aragorn. And none of these are my favorite Middle Earth characters, being more of a Hobbit fan, I'm less excited about Aragorn than I am about getting Thranduil and his berry crown. No matter how pretty Aragorn is. But a lot of people love, love Aragorn and hopefully he will come out OK.

E.g., not being heavily invested in the character - and with Aragorn, as well - it's easier to look at all the details of the costume, accessories, base, etc. It's my opinion, which certainly isn't trying to change anyone else's mind. It's also whether - "OMG, I will pay any price to get this fig, let me take out a loan, aaaaaaaggggghhh I can't miss this!!!!" or "Nope, I need that IM Mark VI $$$" more.

And I'm happy if folks are happy, as INART isn't cheap, it would have been a shame if folks were as irate as I was about the corner cutting on Blitzway's Zorro. :pfft:
Well, you can read your posts about how you are not very keen on InArt Gandalf's clothes, or if I use your words: "cheap" and "looks unfinished", and you posted it more than once.
Everyone here respect your opinion, different opinion is fine, but I don't see the point of repeating the post of "I didn't order this because while I think the headsculpt is good, the costume on asmus is much better".
I get it, you like the asmus costume, and its fine, good for you.

For me, personally, the likeness, how they make such a perfect rooted hair and beard, how they make the PERS without having it too sunken so that the eyes look dark/shadowy/black (that's one of my main issue with my crown Gandalf), is more important than tiny seams. The perfect costume for me is nothing without the perfect head. And unlike what you think, to me, InArt costume looks better than asmus.
It drapes naturally, with the right color, and good materials. Even the hat looks good.

So what you think is the perfect costume, doesn't always apply to everyone. That is okay. We're all friends here, and should be respectful.
Just let the people here be happy with InArt Gandalf because they, and I, think it's next level and the best iteration of him so far.
No need to spoil the fun. 😊
And again, I'm sorry about your Blitzway Zorro. :LOL:

I think that is the end of our conversation about this.

Let's enjoy the majestic figure again, shall we!

369992113_318152603916712_7578161521315086274_n.jpeg

371821341_318167723915200_1234409721813125156_n.jpeg

Did nobody post the official unboxing video here? I saw it on facebook. This figure looks unbelievable

The guy isn't trying to convince anyone that they should share his opinion, and he isn't trying to spoil anyone's fun. He's just sharing his view on things.

This figure looks absolutely phenomenal, but I also chose to go with the Asmus head upgrade. In fact, I cancelled my pre order for this purely so I could allocate the funds elsewhere (♥️Aragorn♥️) knowing that the new Asmus head was on the way and looked good enough for me. If I had enough cash, I would definitely have got this one in as well, but such is life!

I get that, and we all know that sharing views are fully welcomed here.. the one I'm complaining about is the repeat.
Why keep repeating it? It's as if he needs to defend his opinion, or asmus.
Other than that it's ok. Well maybe don't use degrading words like cheap, etc will also be better :)

Totally understand and agree about the fund. As happy as I am about InArt, I'm worry about my thinning wallet, and I still need to find reasons to explain to my wife about having more figures comin.. That big*ss Joker DX box is soo hard to hide! XD

But then again I remember that we're gettin this:
369798393_23883311451284123_2539500045989347068_n.jpeg

374188513_23883311567950778_2623573239382995274_n.jpeg

And it's worth every penny!

Last edited:
Maybe it’s time to start 😉

I don’t know what you primarily collect…but LOTR is a one time cinematic achievement that will most likely not be replicated for a long time. They tried to with The Hobbit trilogy…and we all know how that went.

Regardless of the “prequels”…Ian IS Gandalf and will forever be associated with the character. That’s how perfect he is.

If you got the funds, go for it. You may not have collected LOTR…but you can rest easy that you’ll have a work of art on your shelf.

It’s a win win scenario if you asked me 😁
Dont get me wrong I also love the LoTR trilogy but the figures out there never really interested me

But f It where can I a preorder god lvl gandalf?

The guy isn't trying to convince anyone that they should share his opinion, and he isn't trying to spoil anyone's fun. He's just sharing his view on things.

This figure looks absolutely phenomenal, but I also chose to go with the Asmus head upgrade. In fact, I cancelled my pre order for this purely so I could allocate the funds elsewhere (♥️Aragorn♥️) knowing that the new Asmus head was on the way and looked good enough for me. If I had enough cash, I would definitely have got this one in as well, but such is life!
Thank you :exactly:

If I had enough cash, I would definitely have got this one in as well, but such is life!

Yeah, for real. &^% inflation.:cuss

Dont get me wrong I also love the LoTR trilogy but the figures out there never really interested me

Well fortunately for us LOTR fans.. InArt exist!
I sent you a PM, it might help you on getting the god lvl Gandalf. 🤘

Don't be late on Aragorn, soon Legolas and hopefully more coming!

Last edited:
The questions now are how deep does this line go and how deep my wallet is to afford it. I would love the whole Fellowship but even that seems cost prohibitive for me. I think for me Gollum, Sam and Frodo, Legolas, Saruman, Lurtz, Boromir, Gimli, Bilbo, Nazgul, Arwen, young Bilbo, Thorin, Tauriel. Characters like Treebeard and the Witch King? Gulp.

So far Legolas, Nazgul are confirmed. And if they make Nazgul, I think Witch King is not far. (probably with a dark steed option)
Hopefully the line is a best seller so they will make more characters, especially the fellowships.

I think in that case, InArt serves as a an option if you want the premium version of the character, so you can be selective on which favorite character you want and for the rest you can get the more affordable version from other companies.

I think the most they'll do is Legolas, Gimli and maybe Frodo. Unless if these sell like crazy, which I doubt.

I think the most they'll do is Legolas, Gimli and maybe Frodo. Unless if these sell like crazy, which I doubt.
Apparently in an interview they mentioned they want to do the full Fellowship. Also with their licenses not being as abundant as HT, they could have more room to get through the 9. So we might have a chance at the full Fellowship by the time they are done with the license. I'm down for as many of them as they are willing to do.

:goodpost::clap

IMO a great, thoughtful post, backed up with images. My own feeling is that ASMUS sculpts are very good, capturing a more lean, aged look (except for the zombie eyes:monkey3) and the INART is a very robust, handsome Gandalf - definitely a good likeness tho.

Gotta admit, I do envy the hair on this one, whether screen accurate or not. Now I wanna add more hair to my Gandalfs:lol.

The thing with Asmus’ portraits of both GTG and GTW is that they are a bit on the caricature side. I think it’s because the sculptor ‘accentuated’ certain features of Ian’s face and when hair, paint are applied, it looks like Gandalf…but…Gandalf plus, if that makes sense. And when you do side by side comparisons between the portraits and movie stills…you begin to see where the likeness trails off. Interestingly, it STILL looks like the actor in make up!…and yet, not.

It’s weird 😅😅

I hope batsheva got you covered in DM’s…but definitely reach out to onesixthkit. There are people that unfortunately have to cancel for various reasons and you can hop onto a waitlist or keep an eye and ear open for Kit re-opening orders for Gandalf.

Good luck man. I REALLY hope you can land this. I’m LITERALLY dreaming of this figure and planning out shots for my video review…so I’m hyped, dude.

Apparently in an interview they mentioned they want to do the full Fellowship. Also with their licenses not being as abundant as HT, they could have more room to get through the 9. So we might have a chance at the full Fellowship by the time they are done with the license. I'm down for as many of them as they are willing to do.
Oh I didn’t hear that, would be great if the did the fellowship. Also I think I remember that they have the Hobbit license also?

Back