InArt: The Lord of the Rings - Gandalf 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photo review by yanshuai632

WOW :thud:

MyNvMA6.jpg

pnv5iIS.jpg

lotr-galdalf.gif
These are superb pics and exceptional poses! Beautiful! 👏👏👏

We've come a looong way..
The evolution of Gandalf the Grey 1/6 figures:

View attachment 659420

I own the Asmus’ GTG…can someone please use this pic from my review for the comparison pic? No disrespect to the photographer for the GTG in the comparison photo…but, yeah 😅

I tried my best to make him look the best he could.

IMG_1066.png

I own the Asmus’ GTG…can someone please use this pic from my review for the comparison pic? No disrespect to the photographer for the GTG in the comparison photo…but, yeah 😅

I tried my best to make him look the best he could.

View attachment 659425
well the idea of the comparison photo that I compiled is that it's not taken specifically in a decent photo/review session like yours.
If you see the comparison, both asmus, InArt are being held in inspection, like when you open the box and see the head, you take pics.
Not with decent lighting etc. So it's all natural.

I didn't use the decent photo of the InArt Gandalf, it's the inspection photo with no well prepared/dramatic/atmospheric lighting.

well the idea of the comparison photo that I compiled is that it's not taken specifically in a decent photo/review session like yours.
If you see the comparison, both asmus, InArt are being held in inspection, like when you open the box and see the head, you take pics.
Not with decent lighting etc. So it's all natural.

I didn't use the decent photo of the InArt Gandalf, it's the inspection photo with no well prepared/dramatic/atmospheric lighting.

Yup, makes sense.

I just feel bad about Asmus. They really tried. Clearly InArt is superior, but I still appreciate Asmus’ effort. Had it more closely resembled the proto, it’ll have a fighting chance despite it still being a bit of a caricature.

I think he's saying as good as we thought that sculpt was and couldn't get any better, this Gandalf comes out and destroys it.

Oh he and you are not wrong 😁

I just wanted to take the opportunity to point out that in many of my posts and in some of my reviews, I’d mention that in any given year, 7 out of 10 Ht portraits have weak likenesses…dooku is one of the rare 3 out of 10 that have strong likenesses 😆

Back