InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pennywise is a cool one-off tho, imo. “It” is a popular modern day horror, owned by WB. I wouldn’t expect them nor want them to make the kids, but as a standalone figure, I think it works.
I'm so annoyed that they seem to have a partnership with WB but due to some licensing bs, they are not able to work 1/6 figures for Blade Runner.

I personally need an Officer K and JOI figure.

Pennywise is a cool one-off tho, imo. “It” is a popular modern day horror, owned by WB. I wouldn’t expect them nor want them to make the kids, but as a standalone figure, I think it works.
It's a cool one off, but an odd one to choose as your 3rd figure out the gate. Especially considering all the other options they could have made a wager on.

Also, IT doesn't really gave a dedicated following (not that I know of). And Hot Toys already released a solid figure that meets the markets demand, however small it was.

I'm so annoyed that they seem to have a partnership with WB but due to some licensing bs, they are not able to work 1/6 figures for Blade Runner.

Think I’ve seen on Facebook where Alcon Entertainment isn’t allowing anyone to make licensed collectibles. It’s a shame, cause I’m with you, I’d love a Officer K and Joi (that one custom was pretty good of her). Blade Runner 2049 is one of my favorite films.

I believe you’d also want to see a K too, right? @Scout Trooper

And here I was just about to mention Blade Runner.

What licensing reason is that? Has Inart addressed anything publicly?

And here I was just about to mention Blade Runner.

What licensing reason is that? Has Inart addressed anything publicly?
Make of that what you will. I asked them for a source and they never got back to me lol

8753EF57-3991-4D16-AEFC-B6FC84CC8ED5.jpeg

Think I’ve seen on Facebook where Alcon Entertainment isn’t allowing anyone to make licensed collectibles.
Wow, what a damn shame that would be if true... Stupid...
I'm in the middle of putting one together. I wasn't thrilled with the progress the painter had shown me. I asked for some revisions. No idea what to expect, but it's not exactly what I was ideally hoping for.

Uff I'd love a Cat Zoe 👌

But if it's not hot toys or inart I think it's gonna be really hard to achieve a good likeness, I just don't see her as an easy head sculpt
That’s very true man, I think for me I would be okay with anything as long as we have a good body and suit used. If it goes well we will have third party headsculpts that can replace it in the future. Just a matter of patience.🤣

Think I’ve seen on Facebook where Alcon Entertainment isn’t allowing anyone to make licensed collectibles. It’s a shame, cause I’m with you, I’d love a Officer K and Joi (that one custom was pretty good of her). Blade Runner 2049 is one of my favorite films.

I don't know the facts, but the more likely scenario is that likeness rights are not included with the Blade Runner license, not that Alcon is not allowing licensed collectibles. There's plenty of Blade Runner licensed merch. You can make replicas of the guns, cars, props, etc. But to make Deckard, Batty, or any of the other characters, you have to negotiate with the actor directly. And that's when most things die, because the license holder wants a cut, and the actor wants a cut, (or the actor simply declines) and at a certain point it becomes not profitable, not worth the effort.

Certainly the Blade Runner license is available, there is tons of merch for it, just no figures with likenesses. That's why there's Funko Pops, because there's no actor likeness.

Older movies have that problem, they never thought they could profit off likeness rights. I couldn't pinpoint at what time movie licenses starting including actor likeness, but that's one of the ways George Lucas changed the game, by tying likeness rights into the Star Wars license. He realized what a powerhouse merchandising could be.

NECA was able to make BR2049 figures because the likeness rights were included in the license. Actors can always not approve a sculpt, even if their likeness is part of the deal. That's happened plenty of times.

I think that's the sculpt Aybaig's got. Looks better than the renders. It's not the best, but I would take this over Inart's.

I reckon Unreal's would look amazing with this guy's paint.

20240524_173837.jpg

Back