InArt - The Batman 1/6th Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think Hot Toys' work is bad or cheap or sloppy, but when the InArt Batman gets released there are going to tons of video comparisons between it and the Hot Toys version, and there is no way that Hot Toys won't be aware of it.
It's going to be interesting to see how they respond to that. InArt may not be an immediate market threat, but if the first direct head to head between them and Hot Toys of the same character ends up making the HT version appear the inferior of the two (as it most likely will), we may see them start to step up their game, just to save face.

Then they shouldn't keep fans waiting two years for their figures. InArt works faster (likely due to smaller quantities and fewer releases, but still).
And InArt are tripling their production capacity next year.

It’s clear that they overestimated their ability to get figures out to the masses in a timely manner and are now looking to speed things up, and hopefully offer a few more products per year.

It’s clear they’re already learning and improving just by the leap we’ve observed from Joker to Gandalf. If they continue on an upward trajectory next year, I may have no need to ever venture down the JND route- but I’m sure they’ll reel me in eventually- Indy, McClane, Terminator, Wonder Woman, anything from LOTR, even the HP stuff; yeah, my wallet is serious trouble.

I don't think Hot Toys' work is bad or cheap or sloppy, but when the InArt Batman gets released there are going to tons of video comparisons between it and the Hot Toys version, and there is no way that Hot Toys won't be aware of it.
It's going to be interesting to see how they respond to that. InArt may not be an immediate market threat, but if the first direct head to head between them and Hot Toys of the same character ends up making the HT version appear the inferior of the two (as it most likely will), we may see them start to step up their game, just to save face.
Definitely think this will happen once InArt's Batman is out but no denying that the HT is a solid figure and can be put more for poses then anything although you'll probably get InArt's version in poses it's more of that museum piece that people usually find in custom figures.

Hot Toys version still screams more "toy-like" to me with the overall proportion. Especially in this full body photo, he looks so small and squashed down proportionally. Almost like a kid. INARTs version looks more like an adult if that makes sense. Only thing I like better on the Hot Toys version is the shinier shoulder plate, I think INART has it too matte on theirs. Both will probably turn out great and I imagine if you wanted the best of the best version, you will need to mix and match between the two.

1v051uc.png
Just a guy chiming in here. I did not order either of these figures but I am interested in how both figures have progressed overall and have enjoyed the discussion on this thread.

I have to say that if I were buying one of these I would go with InArt. The Hot Toys figure looks impressive for sure but overall I think the InArt figure is superior. As some have pointed out, the picture above really highlights how much better the body proportions look on the InArt figure.

Just a guy chiming in here. I did not order either of these figures but I am interested in how both figures have progressed overall and have enjoyed the discussion on this thread.

I have to say that if I were buying one of these I would go with InArt. The Hot Toys figure looks impressive for sure but overall I think the InArt figure is superior. As some have pointed out, the picture above really highlights how much better the body proportions look on the InArt figure.
INART’s is overall superior but there are a handful of items that are significantly more accurate with Hot Toys. I really hope they address those items before they officially release theirs.

Quick comparison images between Hot Toys Batman (final production) vs INART Batman (WF 23).

Quick notes: INART should update the large gap between the breastplate and upper abdomen section. There shouldn’t be a gap, it should be lined up alongside each other.

The breastplate should sit flush to the body. As-is, it’s protruding a bit.

The entire abdomen area seems more accurate on the Hot Toys. The gaps between each “abs section” are smaller.

Looking at it closer, seems to me INART based theirs off the prop suit and Hot Toys based theirs off Pattinson in the suit costume test.

I prefer the darker irises/eyes on the Hot Toys. INART should really get rid of the crystal blue eyes.

The cowl “nose” sticks out too far on the INART where it’s more streamlined/more accurate on the Hot Toys. It’s as if it’s own piece when it should be more linear.

Nitpicks I guess: Hot Toys belt pouches have more detail. The placement of the triangular carabiner is accurate on the Hot Toys.

Aside from that, I think INART’s is better in every other way. The proportions, the materials, the subtleties of the weathering, the way the cape drapes. Jury’s out on the colors and other variables I bet that I’m not seeing.

Thoughts?

View attachment 678182
View attachment 678179View attachment 678180View attachment 678178
I think Inart is more accurate in the abdominal department especially the sharpness of it. They’re pretty close along with hot toys from the gap of each ab plate.

The eyes I agree with you, darker the better which I hope they revise on the final. Only thing is Ht eyes are wayyy to far apart. It looks like alien eyes imo. I would say though the cowl itself.. I’m liking HT more, you see how the texture is less so the scratches get more emphasized.

The shinier shoulder pad from HT I still like, but maybe there’s a way to spray some metallic sheen on inarts that will do the same effect.

Pouch as well looks a bit small on inart..

The best thing really as it was said earlier in this forum is to mix and match between the two. If Ht shoulder pads are also Velcro underneath that would be easy to swap.

Most likely as well nothing from these images will be changed except the headsculpt. They haven’t changed anything since the very early prototypes.

What does my comment about InArt's delay on this figure have anything to do with Hot Toys?

What an odd world we live in.
You implied Inart was taking its time, and you said "you cannot rush quality"

Then said HT should learn that?

ie, HT rushed and therfore their quality suffers?

Seems like a pretty straight forward comment....

Unless I am reading it wrong.

Think HT has the better sculpt, currently. The InArt lighter eyes washes out all intensity.

View attachment 678427View attachment 678428

I disagree. In art has a more accurate sculpt. You guys are blowing the light eye thing way out of proportion over one picture. The eye color will be great in the end product.

Inart cowl and chin looks better in essentially every photo they have ever released plus the in-hand Justin’s collection video. Hot toys eyes are so far apart it destroys the likeness anyways.
IMG_5352.jpeg
IMG_5353.jpeg
IMG_5354.jpeg
IMG_5355.jpeg
IMG_5356.jpeg

Last edited:
Reviews of other figures that Inart release.
Plus i hate the magnetic stand idea so much.

?

Which reviews were you watching or reading? Specifically what was pointed out? For the most part, people like their Joker. I can't say anything about Pennywise as I never bothered looking at that release as I'm not interested. Gandalf is highly praised even more so than Joker because improvements from their first 1/6 were present.

You can always use a regular stand if you have any.

I disagree. In art has a more accurate sculpt. You guys are blowing the light eye thing way out of proportion over one picture. The eye color will be great in the end product.View attachment 678560View attachment 678561View attachment 678562View attachment 678563
I’m afraid we aren’t. The pictures you’ve shared are from the initial prototype which did have darker eyes. The eyes were also dark for July’s China Joy event, but then all of a sudden were changed to crystal baby blue for the Wonder Festival event in October. They should go back.

?

Which reviews were you watching or reading? Specifically what was pointed out? For the most part, people like their Joker. I can't say anything about Pennywise as I never bothered looking at that release as I'm not interested. Gandalf is highly praised even more so than Joker because improvements from their first 1/6 were present.

You can always use a regular stand if you have any.
I agree with all of this.

It should also be pointed out that Inart continues to demonstrate respect for the customer by actually incorporating feedback. HT appears to make changes here and there, mostly based on competitive pressure, but JND appears to do whatever they want. I always believed that if someone is going to tell you what you need to do so they can give you money, it's best to listen.

I actually have more "faith" in Inart than any of them.

Back