In what order do you rate the Indiana Jones Movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll be something to see where DOD will rank for many when it's out. I'm cautiously optimistic for it but keeping my expectations low and in-check, unlike when I first saw Crystal Skull.

It'll be something to see where DOD will rank for many when it's out. Idm cautiously optimistic for it but keeping my expectations low and in-check, unlike when I first saw Crystal Skull.
Same here. Avoiding any and all hype, and trying to temper my expectations.
Been burned once too many times by Lucasfilm.

I got all caught up in the massive hype back when KOTCS came out, so I'm avoiding the same mistake here.
I used to be shocking with this. Constantly hyping myself up with the big films, buying magazines and toys only to be crushed. Thank god I calmed down in my old age :)

Hype can be the biggest detriment to enjoying certain films. Overtime you create an image in your mind of what you think the movie will be and expect it to, and are naturally disappointed when it's nothing like it.

1) Temple / Raiders (equal#1's to me).
2) Crusade
3) Crystal Skull. Very hard to connect with Indy because there were so many "remember when" that we were never apart of so I could not relate compared to Rocky Balboa where you felt you had experienced the stages of his life. So I like CS..........."part time".

Dial gets an automatic #4 spot because of Mads Mikkelsen.
But, but Skull had the monkey from Grease.

1684523270699.jpeg

I actually loved Crusade. It was the first one I was old enough (8 or 9) to see in the theaters so it was a real, real big deal for me. I was already a huge fan of Raiders. I even bought the story book from the book fair.

With that being said, mine would be Raiders followed real closely by Crusade and then Doom.

Doom freaked my mom out so bad that I was actually not able to see that one until I was old enough to go rent it myself. Strange that I was able to see Predator, T2 even Braveheart before Doom. At that point my view of Indy was already shaped by Raiders and Crusade so Doom felt like a slightly darker take on Indy vs if you see them the other way around and see Crusade as a lighter and sillier take on him.

Updated ranking (and one I'm sure will make some heads spin Exorcist-style):

TOD
ROTLA
DOD
KOTCS
TLC

All are very good and I think DOD was a solid finale. As good as could've been hoped for coming 15 years later.

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
  2. The Last Crusade
  3. Dial of Destiny
  4. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
  5. Temple of Doom
I think all of them are great and love all of them so even the last one is still a beloved movie.

Back