In what order do you rate the Indiana Jones Movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After Ready Player One I think Spielberg definitely has it in him for another Indy film.

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Loved RPO.

Absolutely. He's definitely still got it. :rock

giphy.gif

We can only hope RPO re-energized him for Indy 5. He still has the same creative energy as before. It was awesome finally having him back doing the kind of movie he's best at.

Well, all the hype and controversy over Indy 4 has died down. I thought it might be a good idea to reflect on how you see Doctor Jones 4th adventure now, compared with the other movies. Did you hate at first but grew to like it on DVD? Did you like it but grew to love it? (I have to admit I got this Idea off a post from Celticp)

1. Raiders of the lost ark
2. Indiana Jones and the Temple of doom
3. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the crystal skull :horror
4. Indiana Jones and the last crusade (yes it's 4th but I still love it)
:whip
Crystal Skull beats out Last Crusade? Its the one that most people hate and would be last on my list and Last Crusade would be first but that's just me. All I can say is to each their own. The list for me would be this:
1.Last Crusade
2.Raiders Of The Lost Ark
3.Temple Of Doom
4.Crystal Skull.

Well that was 10 years ago and things have changed.
1. Raiders
2. Temple of Doom
3. Last Crusade
4. Crystal Skull (I still like it, but haven't watched it nowhere near as many times as I've watched the others)

My kids and I recently rewatched all of them and my ranking hasn’t really changed:
1. Raiders
2. Temple Of Doom
3. Last Crusade
4. KOTCS

The kids pretty much rank in the same way although 1, 2 and 3 are often interchangeable to them. They liked 4 but even they realized at 4 and 6 years old that it is a lesser film.

Caught the Indy Marathon yesterday and I have to say that my original votes pretty much remain the same.

Even after multiple viewings, Raiders is still the best, by far.

Last Crusade remains a respectable 2nd Place. The interactions between Ford and Connery are classic.

Temple of Doom comes in at 3rd place and gets cheesier with every viewing. I still love the intro to the film and Shorty was a great addition to the cast. The future Mrs. Spielberg was hot but really tiresome at times.

KOTCS remains cringe-worthy and "The Last Jedi" to the Indy series. Geez, it was bad.

Was really hoping to have another indy movie to compare with the last four adventures, but it would seem its becoming a backburner project for everyone involved. HF is keen, that i'm fairly sure of, but SS keeps bumping it down his director list.
The character of indy really deserves better, the ultimate adventurer has to wait, and wait and wait to be seen.

1. Raiders
2. Temple Of Doom / Last Crusade (I cannot decide between the two. They both have flaws but they both have terrific stuff.)
4. Crystal Skull

Will be interesting to see where Dial Of Destiny will rank. I'm keeping my expectations low but hope to be really surprised by it.

It depends for me. I really enjoy the trilogy and wish it had stayed just three films. At the moment I’m inclined to say:

1. The Last Crusade
2. Raiders of the Lost Ark
3. Temple of Doom
4. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (last by a wide margin)

I’m skeptical about Dial of Destiny but we’ll see if it’s good or not soon.

Back