In what order do you rate the Indiana Jones Movies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/ Raiders of the Lost Ark - Best adventure film ever
2/ The last Crusade - Almost as good and there's Connery!
3/ Temple of Doom - is to Indy what the new Trilogy is to Star Wars: A disaster
4/ Crystal Skull - Uhh! Is that even Indiana Jones! Perfect movie for the Razzy awards!

Yep!:exactly:

It'll be interesting to see where 5 will rank for fans when it's finally out, if it ends up happening.

It was a few pages back, but my rank:

TOD
ROTLA
KOTCS
TLC

Controversial, I know. I enjoy them all to varying degrees, but for some reason TLC just holds up the least well for me.

I'm surprised there's people who don't like TOD's darker tone. Raiders was a pretty dark movie as well and arguably more violent. TOD has the heart-ripping sure, but Raiders has melting faces, bloody gunshots to the head, a guy torn up by a propeller blade, a guy with a spike impaled through his head and a mummy with a snake slithering out of it's mouth.

I like Doom but Capshaw’s voice when she’s doing her “Indyyyy!” drives me nuts. It’s like a crying baby, or nails on a chalkboard.

Watched Raiders on a plane ride the other day and noticed that Marion does the “Indy!” call a couple times but hers are pleasant. I know that’s not the most in depth comment. :lol

Marion in a lot of ways was as whiny as Willie was. She complains and gets scared just as much as Willie does.

I get why some wouldn't like Willie but I don't mind her. The way people tend to feel about her is exactly how I felt about TLC's versions of Brody and Sallah. That movie just ruined them.

I agree SM, they were basically comic relief. In Raiders, Brody is almost seen to be a mentor for indy, and by the time of TLC, he can't navigate his own museum. Talk about killing an interesting character!

Marion in a lot of ways was as whiny as Willie was. She complains and gets scared just as much as Willie does.

I get why some wouldn't like Willie but I don't mind her. The way people tend to feel about her is exactly how I felt about TLC's versions of Brody and Sallah. That movie just ruined them.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's not simply the whining that turned people off to Willie, but rather her prissy, too-good-to-be-cavorting-with-the-likes-of-you attitude. Sure Marion displayed some screachiness here and there, but she was more than willing and able to hold her own in Indy's rough and tumble realm; whether it was through winning drinking contests, manning the guns of a Flying Wing, or whacking some wicked would-be assassin with a frying pan, Marion could kick some ass and not worry about breaking her nails while she was doing it.
I don't have a problem with Willie (although she's not nearly as interesting a character as Marion), but she's someone who'll piss and moan about the smell of the elephant she's riding while dousing the thing with perfume. The audience is going to roll their eyes at a character like that.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's not simply the whining that turned people off to Willie, but rather her prissy, too-good-to-be-cavorting-with-the-likes-of-you attitude. Sure Marion displayed some screachiness here and there, but she was more than willing and able to hold her own in Indy's rough and tumble realm; whether it was through winning drinking contests, manning the guns of a Flying Wing, or whacking some wicked would-be assassin with a frying pan, Marion could kick some ass and not worry about breaking her nails while she was doing it.
I don't have a problem with Willie (although she's not nearly as interesting a character as Marion), but she's someone who'll piss and moan about the smell of the elephant she's riding while dousing the thing with perfume. The audience is going to roll their eyes at a character like that.

Yeah, I can see why some people wouldn't like Willie due to her constant screaming and shrieking, but I didn't mind her and she always gives me a good chuckle every time I watch the movie. I know Elsa in TLC wasn't whiny but for some reason she always annoyed me so much more than Willie. I don't know, maybe it's the way she talks? Just her demeanor? Never liked that character.

After Ready Player One I think Spielberg definitely has it in him for another Indy film. RPO was awesome and showed he still has that creative energy.

Back