If designs are based off the actors own face would Mara Jade be based off her models?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You mean like...

"I like Dark Empire! It's awesome that Palpatine had a ton of clones, thus negating the entire climax of ROTJ!"

Then... :chase

vader.jpg

I like some EU.

Vintage comics, the Holiday Special Boba Fett cartoon, both Clone Wars series. I even like most of those more than Episodes I and II.

The thing with the eu like any continunity is that it's so big and some of it is just ..... Well rubbish
The other problem is the way lucasfilm have approved books and concepts that contradict each other.
Like chiss turning up in banes time etc
I personally edit it for myself but have only found a few things that I just cant stand, palpatine clones being one and disgusting way dark horses clone wars continued was @&&? On despite it being some if not the best eu stuff!!!

Oh and Adam Hughes mara? Please

Am I the only one who thinks those images of Shannon look like Reba McEntire?

No your not. :lol

I rather see Hoth leia made before Mara Jade. :rock

Agreed, 100%. To be honest most people could bash a Mara in no time with what ever head and costume they wanted. Which is probably why I would end up passing on Mara.

As far as EU goes, yes some is good, some blows, but they have been putting out EU novels since 1978 so this debate is old news, I can think of 7 UE novels off the top of my head that pre date ROTJ, not counting film novelizations that have extra bits of info in them.

Splinter of the Mind's Eye
Han Solo at Stars' End
Han Solo's Revenge
Han Solo and the Lost Legacy
Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu
Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon
Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka

BTW, I find these to all be pretty awesome books, with the exception of Splinter which is just passable in my opinion.

funny thing about splinter, it was originaly intended as a made for tv movie using the left over props from anh, and was written as a screenplay before anh was released. The intention was for fox to use the remaining props to attempt to make back any lost revenue after the film premiered. Which as far as I understand was common practice, and still is now.

funny thing about splinter, it was originaly intended as a made for tv movie using the left over props from anh, and was written as a screenplay before anh was released. The intention was for fox to use the remaining props to attempt to make back any lost revenue after the film premiered. Which as far as I understand was common practice, and still is now.

I totally for got about that. Probably better it didn't happen though.:lol

not sure on that one, but we'll never know. after all, there are some CRAZY people out there who actually LIKE the holiday special.

Perhaps an amalgam of all the Mara Jade influences? SS will have to put their stamp on it and it may save money on likeness fees.

If it is AH I'm going to guess a maquette or PF not a 12" figure and the 12" is the one I am hoping for.

So the teaser showed AH!s older Mara sketch, but is that the one they're gonna base the Comiquette off of or was the picture just shown to validate that it was indeed going to be an AH! design, but possibly not being that one in particular?

They did show some of her comic art (from my first post) before confirming it was AH!, so maybe it's gonna be something new??

Back