If designs are based off the actors own face would Mara Jade be based off her models?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IdeaOfEvil

Super Freak
Reaction score
Regardless of which Mara Jade look they go for (Emperors Hand, Smuggler, Jedi, etc) a company called Decipher, Inc hired a model named Shannon McRandle to do promo pictures for the character that were used in their CCG (customizable card game) line. Lucasfilm has since gone on to use those pictures on their own website for the character, semi officially confirming that that's what Mara Jade looks like

But in my eyes Shannon is just unattractive in those photos and I'm hoping that whatever format SS eventually uses they'll base Maras design on any of the novel and comic art that has been used before and after the Decipher CCG photos.

Any thoughts?

Shannon McRandle (including artists rendition)
190721-mara_jade_large.jpg
dva0539.jpg
Skywalker_family2.jpg

Various Artists (including Adam Hughes)
Mara-Swarm_War-Japan_cover.jpg
Survivorsquest.jpg
Maralukeben.jpg
MaraJade-SWG5.jpg

Last edited:
I think it'll be Shannon. They could do a hybrid of her face and some of the drawings. As we saw with Clone Wars Anakin that seems to be a bit of a blending of the two. But I think it would be difficult to choose which portrayal to go with. And then they would need the artists approval wouldn't they?

I personally would like to see the smuggler outfit, even 2 versions over time, one smuggler one dark Jedi/assassin. But if they are not doing a 12" figure my opinion doesn't matter.

I like the all black outfit, that is generally how I picture Mara. And I think she'll go nicely with ROTJ Luke. 1/6 for me as well.

Oh Mara Jade in 1:6th would be cool as would a PF. At one time I'd get her but now I'd probably pass since my focus is Clones.

Why is she punching Luke in the junk? Is it because he has a baby? I don't understand the EU. :(

That chick has about as much a right to be made into a 12 inch figure as this dude:

Well they made Thrawn in a 12" figure and Mara has been in more Books, comic, and video games ( was even the main character in one) than any E.U. than I know of. So I don't see why it wouldn't happen.

Why is she punching Luke in the junk? Is it because he has a baby? I don't understand the EU. :(

Actually I think she's demonstrating her kung fu grip for Luke so he knows who wears the pants in that relationship.:)

Give this one a lightsaber and a blaster and I am good.
Oh, yeah...and make it 1:6.

Hell, screw the extras, just pop her in a box and ship her to me and I am all good.:lol

Back