Iconiq Studios + TBLeague : Street Fighter 1/6 Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let's hope that Iconiq will keep it up. If you're reading this Iconiq, we need this line to continue as long as possible, you're our only hope! We need them all! Maybe do various polls on different platforms to see which character to do next.
Let me very honest. Polls are good but it's all about translation into sales, and reception on release that really help a line. There are some very interesting stories in the industry of people doing polls and then the sales being completely the other way when it comes to actual sales. That isn't saying we don't listen, but it is about getting that info from various sources (including the licensor) not just purely the community standpoint, as there is a vast amount of people that have no community footprint and purchase silently. Also you have to bare in mind which characters the licensor wants to push at that time too, there are lots of factors that happen behind the scenes that I would have never thought of when reviewing figures.

Let me very honest. Polls are good but it's all about translation into sales, and reception on release that really help a line. There are some very interesting stories in the industry of people doing polls and then the sales being completely the other way when it comes to actual sales. That isn't saying we don't listen, but it is about getting that info from various sources (including the licensor) not just purely the community standpoint, as there is a vast amount of people that have no community footprint and purchase silently. Also you have to bare in mind which characters the licensor wants to push at that time too, there are lots of factors that happen behind the scenes that I would have never thought of when reviewing figures.
Completely agree that there are so many factors. I'm just glad Ryu did well enough that Ken is in the works. I'm very eager to see what happens in the future for this line. Hopefully it'll be a long and prosperous one that will solidify Iconiq as a staple company for fighting game 1/6 figures. Just like how Hot Toys went from a tiny company to what it is now. The future is bright.

But in your opinion and viewpoint chun li, Akuma, bison are a must. Besides Ken of course. Everywhere you go they have merch. It seems capcom loves to push those as wave one go to characters. Those are my favorites so im all in either way

With the waitlist opening up and before sideshow sells out their ryu stock. It would be nice to see ken so those that want them both can do so before ryu is gone entirely

Last edited:
But in your opinion and viewpoint chun li, Akuma, bison are a must. Besides Ken of course. Everywhere you go they have merch. It seems capcom loves to push those as wave one go to characters. Those are my favorites so im all in either way

With the waitlist opening up and before sideshow sells out their ryu stock. It would be nice to see ken so those that want them both can do so before ryu is gone entirely
Whoa Sideshow has it?! I was gonna get it from Kit for the $340 but I can use my Sideshow points.

Will this figure and the others that are coming be limited edition and not re-issued like Hot Toys do?
Its the main reason I no longer buy Hot Toys and have sold off my entire HT's collection.
Andy confirmed in an official post that iconiq will not being doing reissues of figures. However there are possibilities of different variations of a figure (think street fighter 2/3/4 ryu etc) but never again a standard SF5 ryu

Attachments

• 244188917_498987874981995_8487619282469658295_n.jpg
    244188917_498987874981995_8487619282469658295_n.jpg
    291.4 KB · Views: 0
Andy confirmed in an official post that iconiq will not being doing reissues of figures. However there are possibilities of different variations of a figure (think street fighter 2/3/4 ryu etc) but never again a standard SF5 ryu
Okay brilliant thanks

Hey guys!! Anyone else get their Ryu yet? Such an amazing figure, he literally looks like he was pulled straight out of SF5, the detail is crazy. Iconiq Studios is definitely going to go far with their brand with such quality figures and attention to detail like with their Ryu. They really thought of everything before producing this figure, and one of my favourite features is the fact that the box cover can be converted to Ryu's stage background, which fits perfectly in those Ikea glass cabinets!
Here's a fun edit and some pics of my Hadoken display:
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Another video review that Iconiq posted on their FB page.

They also commented that Ken will be fully revealed in 2023 but wouldn't specify an exact time frame. Hopefully January 😆

Also someone asked if they'd do a SF2 Ryu which they replied it could be a possibility but they've got a lot more characters to get through before revisiting Ryu.

Another video review that Iconiq posted on their FB page.

They also commented that Ken will be fully revealed in 2023 but wouldn't specify an exact time frame. Hopefully January 😆

Also someone asked if they'd do a SF2 Ryu which they replied it could be a possibility but they've got a lot more characters to get through before revisiting Ryu.

While I'm sure they can do a SF2 Ryu release, I also wonder how feasible it would be to just... release a pack of SF2 Ryu parts. A couple heads, SF2 era gloves, etc. 99% of his look would be the same.

While I'm sure they can do a SF2 Ryu release, I also wonder how feasible it would be to just... release a pack of SF2 Ryu parts. A couple heads, SF2 era gloves, etc. 99% of his look would be the same.
You know what that would make a lot of sense to do something like that.

The SF2 version of Ryu is much slimmer, you couldn't just pop an SF2 head on that body. It would look pin-headed.

The Alpha-era heads might work on these bodies. I'd be down for that.

Yeah true. I just hope if they did revisit him they'd go with SF6 or just do a parts pack like you said!

Back