Iconiq studios + TBLeague Ken– 1/6 Scale Street Fighter Collectible Figure – IQGS-04

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having the hair replaceable is what makes it look off to me. I don't know. Looks like Ken has a floating wig on.
That’s just how the game and anime are. I think it looks great covered into 3d physical form

Attachments

• IMG_0385.jpeg
    IMG_0385.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0384.gif
    IMG_0384.gif
    820.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3815.png
    IMG_3815.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3814.png
    IMG_3814.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 0
After seeing how slow sideshow got their stock I’m only buying from Iconiq directly. I will receive it faster, Cheaper shipping cost, 10% discount, and no sales tax. However osk is the fastest of them all
Good idea. I ordered (1) Ryu from SSC and (1) directly from IconiQ. I received my shipment from IconiQ maybe a week before Christmas and I didn't get my SSC shipment until February!🤷🤷

That’s just how the game and anime are. I think it looks great covered into 3d physical form

I think having the front part of hair pieces sit closer to the headsculpt will fix the issue. Comparing it to a 2d animation doesn't real work and highlights it even more that the hair seems to be floating on the figure.

That’s pretty much what it is, and to be fair it’s a problem in the game too. The lack of shading or detail means the hair is just a solid-color piece giving it that “Lego hair” look. It was less noticeable on Ryu since his hair was just black.

So, yeah, Ken’s hair was this bright neon yellow headpiece in SF5, and Iconiq translated it to figure form rather accurately. But there’s a reason many folks thought his Smash model handled it better.
Both sides of this “argument” make perfect sense; on one hand, the hair does look prettttty bright and the classic, vividly “ketchup and mustard”, colour scheme is a bit jarring for something of such overall quality.

But… I have to admit that if Iconiq sticks to this line, the more cartoony characters could be really unique and look that much better when lined up. I also think a lot more people would be disappointed if they went for a more realistic look. I’m just trying to imagine Ken sporting the awful haircuts HT have given to their OT Lukes… *shudders*

Either way, I’m just so excited for this figure, y’all :pray::pray::pray:

Can't say I'm super excited for Ken; I think the promo shots are a little plain? Will still get. Same schpeel as before, wish they'd do Alpha or Animated Movie over SFV, but hey ho, they'll probably do 6 next (too bad Ken still looks ugly there).

Oh, I freaking can't wait for Akuma!!! Hopefully they do the V look as well as classic head. It'd be cool if they also were able to do a Shin Akuma, Evil Ryu and Violent Ken variants as well. But I'd rather have other characters before they go that route.

I think it looks pretty solid. SF5 had some… questionable… face modeling on Ken, so I think this is an improvement.

Ken isn’t one of my “must-haves”, but I acknowledge he’s an icon in gaming. There from the very beginning and even joining Ryu in Smash solidified that status.

I’m sure he’ll deliver. Besides, you can’t have Ryu without Ken.
31b3e23b5e7b113d788c53de657f61c55b83579ar1-500-481_hq.gif
This and Street Fighter V were legit. My childhood anime repeats. Due to me only having those tapes, but yeah...what great story telling, especially a little boy growing up in the 90s.

Back