I think they need to reboot this line given current skill.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monger

Super Freak
Reaction score
Having seen what Sideshow is pumping out now 1/6 scale figure wise, I think it's time Buffy and Angel got a new series of releases. I would love to see Lauren for example. The statues aren't good sellers. I just don't think there is high demand for Buffy and Angel statues that are hundreds of dollars. It doesn't help that visually the characters are often just good looking people in normal clothes. 1/6 figures is the way to go I'm thinking.

I'm still voting for dios. That would be awesome.

Well, I'd like a few more the latest polystone line, and THEN start something new.

I'd kill for some decent HT style 12" Figs, but I know that realistically thats never gonna happen. :(

But hey, maybe one day, eh?

Nobody would buy it. Or at least, not enough people to make it profitable for Sideshow. The reason the statues stopped was because nobody bought them, and statues are more profitable than figures.

Your best bet is to hope that one of these smaller companies, like Flirty Girl make a "Betty The Demon Killer" figure. But, basically, the female figure market is a dismal place, where only sexy figures sell.

All I want is one more hurrah. One last thanks to the fans. The 'swan song'. The end of all ends.

Make it happen, Sideshow!!! :rock

Nobody would buy it. Or at least, not enough people to make it profitable for Sideshow. The reason the statues stopped was because nobody bought them, and statues are more profitable than figures.

Your best bet is to hope that one of these smaller companies, like Flirty Girl make a "Betty The Demon Killer" figure. But, basically, the female figure market is a dismal place, where only sexy figures sell.

I think they're still trying to get rid those Spike statues

I think they're still trying to get rid those Spike statues

They made the ES on size ridiculously big. 1000 for the regular edition, but it did finally sell out.

I agree that the line has lost 'steam,' but I do think there's profit to be made there.

I will say though. My opinion is biased, so of course, I want some line to continue. :lol

If there was profit to be made, it wouldn't have taken so long to sell out

I understand what you're saying, but at 1000 units, it's not really surprising to see a regular edition take that long to sell out. Heck, even Buffy, herself, only had an ES of 750. Angel was even less at 500.

If there was profit to be made, it wouldn't have taken so long to sell out

Thing is as I've said before Spike and some of the other male characters in the verse appeal more to women none 'hard core' collectors and so although I'm sure they'd love such a product they often simply cannot justify spending large amounts of money on such frivolities, unlike (It seems) their male counterparts.

Thing is as I've said before Spike and some of the other male characters in the verse appeal more to women none 'hard core' collectors and so although I'm sure they'd love such a product they often simply cannot justify spending large amounts of money on such frivolities, unlike (It seems) their male counterparts.

Sideshow needs to test this theory by making MORE pieces! :D

Back