Hyperkin RetroN 5 Releasing June 9, 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furystorm

Super Freak
Reaction score
Pic-11.jpg

Thought this was way too cool to not have a thread of it's own. Thanks to Waller for pointing me in this direction. I'm super excited and know the only thing I'm asking for my birthday this year...

Who's with me?

Last edited:
Re: Hyperkin RetroN 5 Releasing December 10, 2013

What site did you get yours from?

I only found out about this system from DW today, and it's not avaialble on Amazon because they originally had the preorder for late October release. The pushed back release date is now December 10, so Amazon is currently not taking orders.

I was considering just going into a game shop and ordering one. :D

I wouldnt get too excited abiut this thing until some reviews are out, these things can be real spotty. Theyre very cheaply made and can give pretty shaky results. The one I bought a few years back barely worked and when it did, the colors were always off. I hope its a good one and ill buy one if it is, but my experience with these types of things hasnt been too promising.

I hope your a little bit wrong on this one, as I grew quite excited today for this. Seems they've made some attempts to better the previously released 3...

Here's hoping. :pray:

I wonder if they use emulation or actual boards to run the system, coz it's great for people with tons of classic collection, but for new comers it'd be a lot efforts just to get the carts.

From what I understand, it's not emulation. It's all carts, and for me I was just gonna get a select few here and there as I obviously have none at the moment.

Yeah, these play the actual carts. Thats why I bought one a while back. It just didnt work all that well. Maybe this one will be different. It would be nice as I dont think theyve ever released one of these that could play all these different systems.

I love vintage game systems, but this appeals to me because it supports HDMI output and it takes up a lot less space than all those systems (which I have already). :lol

How easy are old cartridges to find though?

Hit the flea markets in your area. Youd be surprised how easy some of the m are to find for very low prices. Complete in box is a differeent story, but the loose carts are all over the place.

I was planning on running a flash cart on it with some roms loaded up. I love this system as it'll hook up HDMI without me having to search for an adapter for s-vido/component for my older stystems that are in storage.

How easy are old cartridges to find though?

sadly, in my garage. Before I started collecting statues, I was collecting game consoles and game cartriges :hi5:

I may wait for reviews to get this. I like to collect original consoles though so not mandatory.

I'm getting pretty excited for this. I kinda feel like the Christmas when I got my NES, all over again. I've asked for the console as my birthday present, and if it actually makes the new release date, I'll have it in time four days later. And I bought two carts today!

:panic: :D

I'm getting pretty excited for this. I kinda feel like the Christmas when I got my NES, all over again. I've asked for the console as my birthday present, and if it actually makes the new release date, I'll have it in time four days later. And I bought two carts today!

:panic: :D

I bought a few carts already SF alpha being one of them .

Back