Hyperkin RetroN 5 Releasing June 9, 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hyperkin RetroN 5 Releasing December 10, 2013

"Leading video game peripherals company"? :lol

Well, this just sucks. I hope it comes out because it would be cool to play all those game systems on one box with HDMI output. :(

Starting to wonder will this ever come out.

I'm fine waiting for it as long as they get it to run reliably. I keep reminding myself that this isn't Nintendo or Sony so I have to have patience with their production times.

This is available for preorder again from Amazon. :yess:

My experience with these is that they generally don't work that well... I'm getting my retro fix from my Nvidia Shield.

Just being cheeky. It's a carry over joke from elsewhere on the board yesterday...

Plus, I want my RetroN5 to work well.

Ah ok . Cheers. I hope it does. I'm a big fan of retro gaming consoles since they were a huge part of my childhood. Especially the SNES. If this delivers then I will be inline :D

I have hope at least. Hyperkin is putting a lot of love into the system. They are testing many many games one by one...

i think its gonna be great..this has been on my radar now for awhile..gotta get this guy and dig up all the old cartridges

No word on the date yet this needs to come out already.

I've still got one coming that was a birthday gift (my birthday is in December!), and I know one other here who is getting it.

I've got two SNES games to play on this...

I canceled my preorder a few weeks ago, Hyperkin's PR Department= absolutely horrendous Was thinking it was going to be a step up from the Retron 3 I guess not. Also even though the system needs a cart in select slot it doesn't actually run the game.

Last edited:
No it's grabbing the rom inside the game that's why they're able to add Anti aliasing all those bells and whistles and save states. When I read that I was like nevermind. Plus it's getting kind of annoying all the release date pushing, because they don't know how to make a console not to mention the price hike from 99 dollars to 140. I can understand if worked correctly but from every review I've heard so far it's full of bugs etc.

Back