HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lovely photo! His head looks really wide though?...

I did widen it by about 1mm each side when I bought it. It does actually match the width of the real thing better than straight out of the box. Although some times I think it looks as good as can get and other times I think what you just said.

Yeah, I've found TDK cowl causes a very weird illusion in all types of regular lighting. Which always makes me think something is wrong and sometimes it's right.

It looks great what you've done though. The v1 fig still looks fabulous.

Yeah, I've found TDK cowl causes a very weird illusion in all types of regular lighting. Which always makes me think something is wrong and sometimes it's right.

It looks great what you've done though. The v1 fig still looks fabulous.

Yeah...in the film - the interrogation scene inparticular the cowl looks so different compared to the sonar scene or the confrontation with harvey. The light plays mad tricks with it.

This is the first time I have had my custom Medicom side by side with the Hot Toys.

Quickie photos. I wanted to see how the kevlar colouring and belt colour faired up.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Hi, new to the forums. I've stayed away from 12 inch figures for a long time, I've usually been put off by out of scale zippers, buttons, poor sculpting, etc... but I'm so blown away by Hot Toys that I have a list of stuff I want from the Dark Knight line and Iron Man line.

This is my HT MMS71, I just got it. Great figure, I got it for 96 bucks off ebay, previously owned but well cared for.

My main crits: the rubber suit makes holding a pose difficult, some of the joints are a bit limber. Also the cape clips blow. Has anyone tried black bra hooks to hold the cape on? I'm considering doing a small mod.

darkknighthottoysweb.jpg

Can't say that I've ever had issues with the cape clips. I did use cardboard strips for the custom capes though.

This is the first time I have had my custom Medicom side by side with the Hot Toys.

Quickie photos. I wanted to see how the kevlar colouring and belt colour faired up.

watermark.php

Damn it vodoun! The medicom looks even more high-quality then the HT! Brilliant work, now if I could find the time, I'm definitely gonna do this mod to my medi. I love your work!

Hi, new to the forums. I've stayed away from 12 inch figures for a long time, I've usually been put off by out of scale zippers, buttons, poor sculpting, etc... but I'm so blown away by Hot Toys that I have a list of stuff I want from the Dark Knight line and Iron Man line.

This is my HT MMS71, I just got it. Great figure, I got it for 96 bucks off ebay, previously owned but well cared for.

My main crits: the rubber suit makes holding a pose difficult, some of the joints are a bit limber. Also the cape clips blow. Has anyone tried black bra hooks to hold the cape on? I'm considering doing a small mod.

darkknighthottoysweb.jpg

You need to insert the corner of the material into the cape clip holes AS WELL AS the clips themselves

Just got news from Hot Toys:

"With the excitement building up for the upcoming release of MMS DX Joker and soon to be sneaked MMS DX Batman The Dark Knight, we thought we should show our fans our appreciation towards their support by giving some heads up about the newly developed MMS DX-ed DX The Dark Knight License release which is already in the plan.

While many will think the upgrade is not necessary, we thought our true die-hard fans deserve the ultimate The Dark Knight figure.

The Dark Knight fans can expect MMS DX-ed DX Dark Knight figure to follow MMS DX Batman The Dark Knight, which will features our new PERS Technology, a real human skin face, a life-size "I have been ripped off" pin and our most breakthrough improvement feature in this figure, a motion censored voice that says:

Ohhhhh, goooood for you. And how was it? I hope it was ------- good, because it's useless now, isn't it?

What the ---- is it with you? What don't you ------- understand?

Am I going to walk around and rip your ------- lights down, in the middle of a scene? Then why the ---- are you walking right through? Ah-da-da-dah, like this in the background.

And to answer some future question regarding this: YES, Christian Bale will deliver it personally to you wearing The Dark Knight costume for you to compare the figure to his.

"With the excitement building up for the upcoming release of MMS DX Joker and soon to be sneaked MMS DX Batman The Dark Knight, we thought we should show our fans our appreciation towards their support by giving some heads up about the newly developed MMS DX-ed DX The Dark Knight License release which is already in the plan.

While many will think the upgrade is not necessary, we thought our true die-hard fans deserve the ultimate The Dark Knight figure.

The Dark Knight fans can expect MMS DX-ed DX Dark Knight figure to follow MMS DX Batman The Dark Knight, which will features our new PERS Technology, a real human skin face, a life-size "I have been ripped off" pin and our most breakthrough improvement feature in this figure, a motion censored voice that says:

Ohhhhh, goooood for you. And how was it? I hope it was ------- good, because it's useless now, isn't it?

Am I going to walk around and rip your ------- lights down, in the middle of a scene? Then why the ---- are you walking right through? Ah-da-da-dah, like this in the background.

And to answer some future question regarding this: YES, Christian Bale will deliver it personally to you wearing The Dark Knight costume for you to compare the figure to his.

:lol:lol:lol

That's hilarious man.

BRAVO. :lol :lol

this thread needs to die

Why?

qweqwe LOFL! hahahha! I would have stopped it here though lol :p
It really puts the nail in the coffin for people who have bought this and are buying the 2nd one too :p

Damn it vodoun! The medicom looks even more high-quality then the HT! Brilliant work, now if I could find the time, I'm definitely gonna do this mod to my medi. I love your work!

I saw so much potential in it that all it required these details to bring it out. I think it has really payed off. It looks and feels like it belongs to the MMS Hot Toys line. Which I think it now warrants the premium status tag now. Glueing the shoulder pads like what I had done also curved them more to the body like the HT taking the straight effect away. As I'm sure you know they are quite flexible for what it needs.

I don't think I could do it all over again mainly because everything was modified apart from the Batarangs (still to add some detail to those) and it took so long not rushing it. Lots of preparation for the decals. So many paper cutting templates to get everything fitting snug and flush so there was no wasted decals.

How far are you going to mod yours?

The list of everything I had done:

1. Head mod. Stripped the head base out and shaped into position with boiling water plus stuffed with compact foam so it wouldn't pull itself back in and glued the base back on.
  2. Neck mod. Again lots of foam stuffing.
  3. Head repaint. Many many days with that and when everything was perfect the finishing touch of lacquer for the eyes.
  4. Shoulders pinned down. Glued at the tips so there was no gap for it to ever come away.
  5. Belt repaint. With added canister and weathered up for realism.
  6. Decals. 1/20 scale BBR DEC26 Carbon Fibre - Medium weave (Black/Silver) and a bottle of Micro-Sol. With the finishing touch ups of tamiya's weathering master kits.
  7. Hands. Complete set of hands with black semi-gloss painted on the finger tips/knuckles and glove trim.
  8. Grappling gun. Painted to the correct bronze and silver to matte black with the entire gun weathered up for realism.
  9. Figure stand: added luxury accessory. Of course lastly purchasing an extra Hot Toys The Dark Knight stand for the final finished look for now. Medicom's are just down right embarrassing.

I saw so much potential in it that all it required these details to bring it out. I think it has really payed off. It looks and feels like it belongs to the MMS Hot Toys line. Which I think it now warrants the premium status tag now. Glueing the shoulder pads like what I had done also curved them more to the body like the HT taking the straight effect away. As I'm sure you know they are quite flexible for what it needs.

I don't think I could do it all over again mainly because everything was modified apart from the Batarangs (still to add some detail to those) and it took so long not rushing it. Lots of preparation for the decals. So many paper cutting templates to get everything fitting snug and flush so there was no wasted decals.

How far are you going to mod yours?

The list of everything I had done:

1. Head mod. Stripped the head base out and shaped into position with boiling water plus stuffed with compact foam so it wouldn't pull itself back in and glued the base back on.
  2. Neck mod. Again lots of foam stuffing.
  3. Head repaint. Many many days with that and when everything was perfect the finishing touch of lacquer for the eyes.
  4. Shoulders pinned down. Glued at the tips so there was no gap for it to ever come away.
  5. Belt repaint. With added canister and weathered up for realism.
  6. Decals. 1/20 scale BBR DEC26 Carbon Fibre - Medium weave (Black/Silver) and a bottle of Micro-Sol. With the finishing touch ups of tamiya's weathering master kits.
  7. Hands. Complete set of hands with black semi-gloss painted on the finger tips/knuckles and glove trim.
  8. Grappling gun. Painted to the correct bronze and silver to matte black with the entire gun weathered up for realism.
  9. Figure stand: added luxury accessory. Of course lastly purchasing an extra Hot Toys The Dark Knight stand for the final finished look for now. Medicom's are just down right embarrassing.

Do you have a pics of all those mods bro?

The build up process or the final outcome? If it's the final outcome it's on the previous page.

:lol:lol Where can I place my order?

Hey did you notice that the Hot Toys logo is turning into a dollar bill sign?

Back