HT The Dark Knight New Costume PHOTO Thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A newly sculpted THUMB huh? you mean they are not going to change the pinkie? oh bummer!

Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg

Yeah im getting fed up with this kinda thing from HT's.

Yeah, it's becoming seriously lame now. The DX Batman should have ended there, TDK line over, the end and just work on other lines.

Not carve up the same crap to make it better and screw people over.

Even if that Two face thing is fake, or not. The DCD run has only just started for god sake! You realize how pissed off people will be now after just getting it, to then find out this supposedly...

ok i don't know if anyone already talked about this but do i do anything to the rubber to keep it from cracking or nothing is the best thing to do to it? on the bat suit

Unless the ones that attempted some form of scuba gear lubricants if I remember correctly?... maybe the past 6 - 8 months ago they put it onto the suit to find out what the long term effects were... perhaps they can post their findings to this day.

In general though it was best not to use anything.

Keep it in a dust free environment. Unless you enjoy picking a lot of it off.

Don't keep it in any place where it'll be very cold or a lot of moisture.

Don't keep it near warm/hot radiators. The suit will dry out and lose it's goodness.

Don't keep it in direct sunlight. Rubber will also lose it's goodness and dry out.

Don't keep it near any lamps/desk lamps, bright lights or spotlights. The rubber will dry out and or too melt or worse yet catch fire. It's amazing what some people can do.

Don't keep the arms or legs for the suit bunched up or bent into position. As the rubber may crack or tear when you straighten them out again if it's been in a position like that for weeks/months.

Last edited:
well i live in ohio its humid here not that bad but it gots its days well i hope it last another question i had maybe someone could educate me ha ha but whats the big deal about that new batman dx or something like that

Unless the ones that attempted some form of scuba gear lubricants if I remember correctly?... maybe the past 6 - 8 months ago they put it onto the suit to find out what the long term effects were... perhaps they can post their findings to this day.

In general though it was best not to use anything.

Keep it in a dust free environment. Unless you enjoy picking a lot of it off.

Don't keep it in any place where it'll be very cold or a lot of moisture.

Don't keep it near warm/hot radiators. The suit will dry out and lose it's goodness.

Don't keep it in direct sunlight. Rubber will also lose it's goodness and dry out.

Don't keep it near any lamps/desk lamps, bright lights or spotlights. The rubber will dry out and or too melt or worse yet catch fire. It's amazing what some people can do.

Don't keep the arms or legs for the suit bunched up or bent into position. As the rubber may crack or tear when you straighten them out again if it's been in a position like that for weeks/months.

did HT put this kind of important information on the previous packaging box?
(i don't have any batman fig yet :D)

and what about this kind of display vodoun?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...&ref=mf#/photo.php?pid=2298117&id=58690437343
do you think it'll be safe to put batman fig in this? i mean there's lamp inside that white box, and it generate heat right?
(i'm planning to create this kind of display:D)

did HT put this kind of important information on the previous packaging box?
(i don't have any batman fig yet :D)

No, but it's common sense when it comes to rubber material. I'm positive it says on the back of the box not to put any form of lubricants onto the figure.

I've had it happen long enough with watch straps sitting near radiators or on a desk where sunlight beams on it to see the effects long term.

and what about this kind of display vodoun?
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...&ref=mf#/photo.php?pid=2298117&id=58690437343
do you think it'll be safe to put batman fig in this? i mean there's lamp inside that white box, and it generate heat right?
(i'm planning to create this kind of display:D)

I'm not registered on Facebook. Usually lights are fine as long as it's not a strong spotlight that generates strong heat and it's not 2 - 4cm from the figure.

ok i don't know if anyone already talked about this but do i do anything to the rubber to keep it from cracking or nothing is the best thing to do to it? on the bat suit

Also, you might want to wash your hands before handling the figure. Sometimes even the oils your body produce can deteriorate rubber. Also helps in case you have any other chemicals in your hands you werent aware of.

But then of course, you really dont have to take it to this degree, your figure will have shelf life no matter what you do, its just how long it will last.

oh, thanks vodoun :)
by the way this is the display i talked about

Those look fine. I can't see any heat from that as the light is probably in the middle far away from that smoked glazed over base cover.

The kind of (spotlight) lamps I was talking about staying away from that I've seen in some peoples desk setups is things like this...

3173498631_0a879f44a5_o.jpg

They usually generate too much heat. Anything that usually gets so hot that it burns you when you touch the cover. As the heat really spreads from a distance on those.

Back