HT Joker: Police Officer Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha i was thinking, you've got to be freakin kidding me Hot Toys, resending the old newsletter just for sendingofanewsletter's sake! Lucky lol, they're off the hook this time. So where is the one they meant to send, that link thing isnt loading up.
https://www.hottoys.com.hk/ftpshare/newsletter/20090309/index.html
that one
EDIT - hang on, wait, is that the teaser pic they meant to send, of the T4 bale?
https://hottoys.com.hk/ftpshare/newsletter/20090309/T4_JC_teaser.jpg
THAT one ^ THAT is the figure?!
freakin unbelievable. why couldnt they get their tdk bale that good? :p that looks siiiiiiiiiick

Just got the right newsletter, that Bale likeness is still astonishing.

Just looks like a resculpted Bruce Wayne too me. Just shortened the hair and added facial hair. Nothing spectacular guys. Had it been an all new sculpt, I'm sure it would have been more impressive.

Now, get this John Connor talk out of my section :whip

WTF does any of this have to do with Police Officer Joker?

I keep thinking I'll see pics, and when I finally do, they are of Terminator Salvation. Post in that thread already.

Just looks like a resculpted Bruce Wayne too me. Just shortened the hair and added facial hair. Nothing spectacular guys. Had it been an all new sculpt, I'm sure it would have been more impressive.

Now, get this John Connor talk out of my section :whip

People would probably be disappointed if there weren't parallels couldn't be drawn between the Bruce Wayne and John Connor heads, given Chirstian Bale's contribution to both. I think it's S P E C T A C U L A R. ;)

WTF does any of this have to do with Police Officer Joker?

I keep thinking I'll see pics, and when I finally do, they are of Terminator Salvation. Post in that thread already.

I'm not exactly sure how the conversation bled over into this thread myself. but I'm the kind of guy who, upon being handed a ball, runs with it. :lol

No, I meant it would need to be repainted for a Bruce Wayne custom since he didn't have one. From the teaser the Conner head looks spot on.

Gotcha. The Connor teaser is quite good, imo. It's convinced me to get into the line. Not that the T-700 and T-600 weren't impressive, but John Connor sealed the deal for me. Not outlandish to see a Marcus Wright with two different head sculpts, one damaged to see the endoskeleton, at some point down the line.

None of the Bale heads have ever really done it for me, i mean, they're good, and i have my original suit batman with his bale head on, but they arent as 'realistic' as they could be, they look toyish. That new one looks insane, it's like the new Godfather figure. Marlon Brando shrunk down to 1/6th in every way. That's how the bale one is, it's Christian, just in 1/6th. NO doubt about it and very incredibly realistic looking. Doesnt even have that 'figure' or 'toy' look to it. It IS the exact person, just smaller. I'm beyond impressed. I'm not interested in the figure, but the head sculpt, hell yeah!
Anyhoo, back to Police Joker :D

I think it's kinda funny how, with an atmospherically lit, reasonably small picture, everyone is claiming the sculpt to be all kinds of awesome. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it will be, but from the accolades that are being heaped upon it you'd think we'd seen natural lighting high-res shots.

Anyway, I'm still interested to see what could possibly come with Cop Joker to make it a must-have for me. After re-reading the email after they sent it again, it doesn't even hint at an additional head, instead it only refers to the one which would make me think that's all it comes with. I wonder if this will end up being as hard a sell for HT as Two-Face has been?

Not sure why the Two Face was such a hard sell though. I agree it could have been better particularly with the stiff burnt jacket and maybe slightly small head, but they did do an incredible job on both the heads. Again yes, the burnt side of the TF head could have used a better transition to the non-burnt side, but the Eckhart head is DEAD ON. And the rest of the figure is pretty much perfect, to me anyway.

I think it's kinda funny how, with an atmospherically lit, reasonably small picture, everyone is claiming the sculpt to be all kinds of awesome. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it will be, but from the accolades that are being heaped upon it you'd think we'd seen natural lighting high-res shots.

Anyway, I'm still interested to see what could possibly come with Cop Joker to make it a must-have for me. After re-reading the email after they sent it again, it doesn't even hint at an additional head, instead it only refers to the one which would make me think that's all it comes with. I wonder if this will end up being as hard a sell for HT as Two-Face has been?

Judging from their recent work on don vito and connor, I think this one is going to be a winner.

And yes, they will sell. Very well, if I may add.

Back