How often do you re-pose your 1/6 figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How often do you adjust your figures?

Hi, only just got into Hot Toys figures, and have read that many people choose the best pose, and then pretty much leave the figures in the display cabinets. This is so that over use does not damage the figure.

But then I've also read that general adjustment of the figures (eg. move limbs, head, eyes etc) every now and then will keep them in better condition and prevents the joints from locking up etc.

So I just wanted to get some more opinions on here as to how often people take out their figures and adjust them/change the pose etc.

Re: How often do you adjust your figures?

I change mine around once every couple of months or so...but not because I am thinking of keeping their joints healthy or whatever (we are talking about Figurines here not humans correct?;)lol
I find by changing their positions I get a completely refreshing new look to them and I do not get too bored at looking at them all the time...because there is not a single Hot Toys Figure that I keep in the box...and over just the past year and a half quite a few of these Hot Toys figurines have added up and it just never seems to stop. :D

I adjust poses quite often. Keeps things fresh. It's the main reason I buy figures over statues. If I wanted something to just sit there and look pretty, I'd get statues. I only have 1 PF and only plan on getting a few others.

I'm extremely lazy, so I tend to pick a pose I like and keep them that way forever.

I probably change my stuff around every month. Just to keep it fresh

Yeah, I'm thinking of doing the same. I mean, with all of Hot Toys new figures, they are so poseable it seems a waste to just let them have one pose forever! jack Sparrow is just crying out for different poses. Still, changing the hands on that guy still scares me (havent done it yet!), particularly on the hand that has the lace on the wrist. So scared I'm going to ruin it. Already broke a wrist peg on the Keaton Batman, so will be extra careful from now on!

I adjust a few figures every month to freshen things up. Especially when I get something new, I rotate items about.

I'm afraid to touch alot of my stuff because Hot Toys are so prone to breaking if you breath on them too hard.

Almost never. Just when I dust or move the shelf, or one falls over.

JB

3 times in 2 years since I am toooooo tired to move all 50+ statues around. It's painful .

It's a bit of a pain in the arse getting to my figures as they're behind a sheet of clear acrylic that's screwed into the shelving unit. So I barely touch them and it bothers me nought.

Once I've picked up the best pose -- never.

I have all my figures in yoga poses in order to keep their joints supple.

All the time.

Yeah, I find that most days when I walk into the room, I feel the urge to open the cabinet and just fiddle with one. Maybe not change the pose totally, but just to look over it :)

Seriously, the first time I got one and started changing the clothes (the DX04 Bruce), it was as though I was changing my first born's nappy again!! I was so afraid of breaking it!! LOL

Now it's not so bad, but I'm definitely still careful.

Back