How much packaging do you keep?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received my RAH Kiss figures this way. They were in a bigger box with paper packing all around them. I couldn't see keeping the shipper since they only took up 3/4 of the box.

As for taking up only 1/2" more. When you add that all up on every figure, it comes to quite a bit. Also, putting them in larger boxes let's you stack them higher and more uniformly. Sometimes shippers don't always stack even, especially ones that have been stapled on the edges.

I have no intentions of selling my figures. If I was a flipper, then I would keep the shippers.

I guess there is a difference between Sideshow products and non Sideshow products that Sideshow sells. Since from Sideshow I pretty much only purchase Sideshow products their shippers fit the box pretty damn well.

Keep it all...

I also wouldn't buy a figure if I didn't have or got the original packaging.

I guess there is a difference between Sideshow products and non Sideshow products that Sideshow sells. Since from Sideshow I pretty much only purchase Sideshow products their shippers fit the box pretty damn well.

I've gotten most of my things from SS unless they didn't sell them, like Batman. My Godfather came in the art box, then a plain cardboard box, then it was put into a SS shipper. The SS shipper got tossed. Alot of times SS just slaps an address label on a Hot Toys shipper and sends it that way, then other times you'll get it double boxed.

I don't care if someone sells me a figure from eBay without the shipper, but I definately want it in the art box.

I've gotten most of my things from SS unless they didn't sell them, like Batman. My Godfather came in the art box, then a plain cardboard box, then it was put into a SS shipper. The SS shipper got tossed. Alot of times SS just slaps an address label on a Hot Toys shipper and sends it that way, then other times you'll get it double boxed.

I don't care if someone sells me a figure from eBay without the shipper, but I definately want it in the art box.

Yea I usually get most of my non SS stuff from other places.

I pretty much keep it all, got a shed full of large boxes and various cupboards around the house full of smaller ones.

Were the shipping is somewhat larger then the art box, for example the Eagle vs Fell Beast dio, which had foam in the corners, making the shipping much larger, then I got rid of that one.

But for all the rest that are a perfect tight fit, adding like 1cm in total thickness, then I keep it all.

I rent a climate controlled one for $127 a month. I keep more than just boxes in it though.

i just basically use my bestas to divide the room into 1/3 and 2/3.

The boxes are hidden behind my bestas which are in a humidity controlled room that get 0% sunlight. :D

packaging, especially by hot toys are works of art in themselves. so i'd never throw them away.

and from a practical aspect, i keep the spare hands and unsued accessories in their respective original boxes, so i can't discard them anyway.

packaging, especially by hot toys are works of art in themselves. so i'd never throw them away.

and from a practical aspect, i keep the spare hands and unsued accessories in their respective original boxes, so i can't discard them anyway.

That's what I do too, because I know if I didn't, I'd lose them!

I keep all my boxes. But when it comes to shippers, I buy most of my HT figs off eBay, so if the seller includes the original HT shipper box, I keep it, otherwise I throw it out (one time a figure came in a Chinese beer carton........I didn't really want to keep that :lol).

Shippers get recycled and the styrofoam gets thrown. I flatten the art box and they are all inside a very big plastic bag down the back of the cupboard. I keep the 1/6 boxes since they don't take up to much room but I have more PF's than 1/6 inside a 1br apt. Should of been the other way round but couldn't help myself after owning my 1st PF.

I keep all mine. I have had to rent out a storage unit as I have over 100 boxes and 3 of them are from CM statues which take up a lot of room and also a 1/2 scale Terminator box. The 1:1 busts and helmet boxes are pretty big too. I have almost run out of room at the storage unit so I may have to hire a bigger one. I have the 1/2 scale IM on the way and judging by Averones pics the box is huge.

I keep everything - the inner box, the brown shipper, and the styrofoam insert. The PF boxes are in my storage crawlspace and the 12-inch figure boxes are displayed behind their respective figures on the bookshelves, serving as a backdrop. Statue boxes are in the closet in my collectibles room.

I keep all the boxes of collectibles. Not for idea of re-selling but for moving. I'm the happy owner of an attic full of boxes. ;)

I used to toss boxes, but ever since I started buying the SW figures I've been a keeper. Right now I'm typically keeping the packaging for any items in $50+ category.

I am keeping the shippers as well, mostly as it does help protect the box when its in storage and doesn't seem to take up that much more space.

i just put all my boxes in the attic, i keep everything you never know when you may need them :D

Back