How much packaging do you keep?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^Same here.

I dont display my boxes though. Most of mine or in my closet or under my bed.

I really dont know why I keep 'em though. I really dont plan on reselling them, so its really pointless to store 'em. The only ones I really take care of are my DX boxes (Bats, Thriller/BAD MJ). Everything else kinda gets the 'so-so' treatment...

Keep it all. The tissue paper, the plastic wrapped around the accessories and figures, the twisties, everything!

Yeah if its from HT or SSC I keep the box and all the wrapping inside them because almost everything comes with a ton of accessories i.e. multiple hands or weapons. I leave what I'm not using in the box because I don't want to loose them. However when it comes to Transformers or Gundams everything gets thrown away.

I've got a big shed out the back & everything goes in there up on the top shelves, I keep it all - although I should do a shipper clean up.

Most of my shippers turn up looking like they had the ____ kicked out of them, crushed corners & even the occasional puncture hole in the sides... I haven't had any damage - but the heart races when I first see the condition of some of the packages I get.

HT stuff that I've received lately in the HT shipper have zero impact protection on the corners, so the art boxes get crushed corners 50% of the time. I still keep 'em, just because I consider the packaging a portion of the cost of a piece - feels like I'd be throwing out part of the collectable.

Yeah - I keep it all - even have most of the blister packs from old Spawn figs! I'm fortunate to have lots of storage space - but having all the shippers stacked up is imposing - makes it seem I have a lot more than I do! It think its important, though, if you can swing it, to hold onto the boxes - if only for long-term storage or heaven forbid, a piece must be sold - no better way to re-package it than what it originally arrived in.

Can remember an auction for a Daddy 'Rog on the 'Bay awhile back where the piece was being sold without the original box. Followed the auction out of curiosity (I already have one ;)) and saw that it was relisted a few times. Not sure if it ever sold but I'm sure, with such an intricate, fragile piece as the 'Rog, potential buyers were warded off by the prospect of receiving a heap of polystone shards nestled inside bubblewrap. Maybe the buyer didn't have the room to keep the box, or never expected to sell the piece, but sometimes it pays (literally) to have a little foresight.

Last edited:
Back