How many pre-ordered PF Spike & if not, how come?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The big 30 would be great but it could still be 29 "boo-boo's" depending on DannieDarKo.
So Dannie, I assumed your calling Spike gay means you ordered one too? :D

olvidadero
Darth Rage
Aerosmith
BDboystoys
Oxbeard
adrijami
Dayna
Games&Theory
FrankenFan
Cookie Monster x 2
Fritz
DarkshadowCollectibles
Billy Budd
Oldschool Jawa
SSC_Nerd
TheObsoleteMan
sueworld
TOE
binky
Viking28
ffl1940
BigLeaguChu
prophecygirl
Browncoat
JoeSweden
Monk
Bannister
blazelsd
DannieDarKo (tbc)
bluesparrow
- Don't worry, your *sigh* will turn into shrieks of delight once the Bad Dog catches your sight:blissy

It would be nice if Sideshow included some sort of base or pouch or something to keep the alternate head in without having to leave it in the box or just sitting on a shelf unprotected.

When I get my cabinets I hope to create a simple base for the head like the LOTR helm bases, to display near the figure.
In the works is a mini stand for Buffy's book too. I found myself changing the heads on Iron Man every 2 days or so, so I figure it would make more sense for me to keep the heads handy.
And what appears to be a severed head alongside a vamp/monster figure is just fine by me :)

SPIKE DELAYED!!

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of our Spike Premium Format Figure – Sideshow Exclusive (item #71681FLEX) from our Buffy the Vampire Slayer Premium Format Figures Collection. This email notification is to keep you updated with the most current information about your order with us.

In order to ensure that you receive the highest quality Sideshow Collectible possible, we have increased quality control procedures for this highly detailed piece to assure your complete satisfaction. As such, there has been a slight delay in the arrival date of this item, which is now expected to arrive into our warehouse in April 2007. Due to this delay, we have adjusted your Flexpay Schedule to coincide with the arrival date of this product.

Please note that the new payment schedule for your order will be as follows:

Spike Premium Format Figure – Sideshow Exclusive

Feb 10th 2007 - $83.00
Mar 10th 2007 - $83.00
Apr 10th 2007 - $83.99

EXCELLENT NEWS! That means there will be more time for them to fix his jacket & shirt!?? Oh I hope so!

Dayna said:
EXCELLENT NEWS! That means there will be more time for them to fix his jacket & shirt!?? Oh I hope so!

Whats wrong with the shirt? I know some see the jacket being an inch too short as a prob but the shirt?
Thats good news for me, gives me more time to save and spend in the mean time:D

Wow that's actually really great news! Now maybe I'll be able to catch up! And I know the shirt's not exactly right, but I think the pin stripes add more to the figure. I hope those stay. Oh, and fix the lean to make it perfect. :lol

BDboystoys said:
Whats wrong with the shirt? I know some see the jacket being an inch too short as a prob but the shirt?
Thats good news for me, gives me more time to save and spend in the mean time:D

Spot the difference....

compare.jpg

As you can see when it comes to the shirt the stripes are too bold and too dark. They need to be fainter and less wide.

As you can also see the duster is far too 'snug' on him. The sleeves are way too short and narrow, and the length of the coat too short as well.

People seem to forget the coat was very loose and baggy on him. It certainly wasn't a close cut tailered type of affair.

I knew the Jacket differences, personally they dont affect my opinion on the statue overall.
I get what your saying about the shirt, I thought they were striped in the show so I automatically thought it looked fine. Still looks fantastic, I can deal with those slight differences, but I understand some would want it more accurate:D

After I've fallen into the lines of PF... I may just buy this since it's been delayed to apr 2007

:chew

sueworld said:
Spot the difference....

compare.jpg

As you can see when it comes to the shirt the stripes are too bold and too dark. They need to be fainter and less wide.

As you can also see the duster is far too 'snug' on him. The sleeves are way too short and narrow, and the length of the coat too short as well.

People seem to forget the coat was very loose and baggy on him. It certainly wasn't a close cut tailered type of affair.

After seeing this again I now NEED to have the coat fixed. If SS don't do something I will get one made up. It looks a lot worse than I remembered it! And I wish the lean wasn't brought to my attention, that's beginning to bother me now too. Grrr :rolleyes:

I think the shirt looks fine, but if anything maybe make the lines a little fainter. Yes, it's not accurate but it does look good with the contrast. I don't see a big deal with the coat either. Rather have him look good than messy. The sleeves look like they're folded up anyway.

It's that darned lean! :lol Sorry :eek:

The clothing could use a little work, but it's not that big of a deal to me. If Sideshow does increase the size of the jacket, I hope they don't make it too big.

Raven said:
I think the shirt looks fine, but if anything maybe make the lines a little fainter. Yes, it's not accurate but it does look good with the contrast. I don't see a big deal with the coat either. Rather have him look good than messy. The sleeves look like they're folded up anyway.

It's that darned lean! :lol Sorry :eek:

Sorry, but for the price that they are charging for this I expect the characters clothing to be as acurate as possible. If it was the 12 inch dolls I wouldn't be so bothered, but these are 'premium' figures with limited runs and so I expect a little more attention to detail.

I know I sound overly fussy, but that's just my take on it.

The jacket and shirt are fine with me. It's the lean that gets me. And the face is perfect but I still can't get over the mixed media of PF on this one. Other than the face, nothing else seems like a sculpt with all that cloth.

BigLeagueChu said:
Other than the face, nothing else seems like a sculpt with all that cloth.

the boots and hands are likely sculpted.

One thing I hope they improve with spike is the mouth. The teeth don't look very good. Yeah, I know, he's English, he's supposed to have bad teeth :lol but they just don't look like they're sculpted/painted very realistically

ffl1940 said:
the boots and hands are likely sculpted.

One thing I hope they improve with spike is the mouth. The teeth don't look very good. Yeah, I know, he's English, he's supposed to have bad teeth :lol but they just don't look like they're sculpted/painted very realistically

I know what you mean about the teeth but it looks like he's pushing his tongue against them. I would prefer to see more fang myself.

I like the vamp heads expression. Im tired of all the sculpts of Vamp Spike where he's either snarling or yelling. The sculpt of the PF reminds me of the episode "Halloween" where he's walking down the street & stops to look at all the chaos going around him, & says "Well, this is just... neat."

Aerosmith said:
I like the vamp heads expression. Im tired of all the sculpts of Vamp Spike where he's either snarling or yelling. The sculpt of the PF reminds me of the episode "Halloween" where he's walking down the street & stops to look at all the chaos going around him, & says "Well, this is just... neat."

Yeah I agree, I love the Vamp sculpt, I couldnt live without it.:D

I haven't pre-ordered it simply because of space. I can't fit everything I own already. I think if the PF after Buffy had been Angel, he'd have sold out by now and then Spike would have done better after that. I think that even though Spike is a popular character, having only Buffy and Spike would not feel complete. Whereas if SS only made Buffy and Angel, it would be more appropriate. Ideally we'd want at least Buffy, Angel, Spike, and either Willow or Faith. But I think Spike made for a slightly odd second pick.

Back