How many pre-ordered PF Spike & if not, how come?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought about picking up the Spike. It looks much better than the PF Buffy by far. As much as I like the PF Spike, my interest in anything Buffy is waning and has been since the series went into syndication....

So, picking up a PF Spike is doubtful, but I could always change my mind later on. I'm hoping for pics of the final product before I make a final decision.

I originally ordered the PF Buffy exclusive, but cancelled because of the hair problem. I dithered pathetically for a while, ordered the non exclusive then saw the SDCC version and decided that I would stick to the 12" line and cancelled again. Without a Buffy there seemed little point in ordering a Spike.
In any case.....I HAVE NO ROOM!:monkey2

DannieDarKo said:
Spikes gay!

Oh I do hope so! :rolleyes: It would make all the interactions with his 'Grandsire' Angel all the more interesting in season 5 of AtS.

After being so pleased with Buffy, I'm seriously considering getting the Spike now... especially since the exclusive is still available...

Spike is one of the best characters on the shows, particularly season 2 Buffy(from which the PF's based) The PF itself is flawless, and the exclusive is a must have.
:D

I saw Spike PF EX at SDCC. It is fantastic and the exclusive is worth every penny :chew

He's beautiful alright, but I do hope they manage to fix the faults with the duster, and change the thickness of the strips on the shirt.

Then he'd be perfect!

sueworld said:
Oh I do hope so! :rolleyes: It would make all the interactions with his 'Grandsire' Angel all the more interesting in season 5 of AtS.
"Like lollipops at the circus" :monkey5

29 Blondie Bears :lol

olvidadero
Darth Rage
Aerosmith
BDboystoys
Oxbeard
adrijami
Dayna
Games&Theory
FrankenFan
Cookie Monster x 2
Fritz
DarkshadowCollectibles
Billy Budd
Oldschool Jawa
SSC_Nerd
TheObsoleteMan
sueworld
TOE
binky
Viking28
ffl1940
BigLeaguChu
prophecygirl
Browncoat
JoeSweden
Monk
Bannister
blazelsd
DannieDarKo
:naughty

Oh the original movie was terrible. Luckly the series turned out nothing like that and went on to provide seven years of the most glorious entertainment.

I really want to see the movie. When it was released here it got such bad reviews that I didn't bother, but the curiosity is killing me now that I've seen what Joss is capable of.
Exactly what is so bad about the movie?

Oh god where to start.

Basically it's crass 'bubble gum' type humour. It lacks the complexity of the series and the cast is very weak compaired with what the TV version came up with.

Even Joss is ashamed of it. It veered widly away from his original screenplay by miles.

One thing we have to grateful for it though is that without the film we wouldn't have had the series, as Joss wanted to produce something more akin to his original idea, and the movie definitely wasn't that.

Dayna said:
29 Blondie Bears :lol

olvidadero
Darth Rage
Aerosmith
BDboystoys
Oxbeard
adrijami
Dayna
Games&Theory
FrankenFan
Cookie Monster x 2
Fritz
DarkshadowCollectibles
Billy Budd
Oldschool Jawa
SSC_Nerd
TheObsoleteMan
sueworld
TOE
binky
Viking28
ffl1940
BigLeaguChu
prophecygirl
Browncoat
JoeSweden
Monk
Bannister
blazelsd
DannieDarKo
:naughty

*sigh*... add me. 30.

The movie is NOTHING like the series.

That being said, I still liked parts. Pee Wee steals the show. :lol

I just noticed the edition size still hasn't been announced on exclusive Spike. Maybe it's larger than we think? Is there even a regular edition?

The way I view the PF's I agree with the other poster about definitive versions. Room being a major problem, I'd rather have one REALLY good single version of the character than multiple "ok" figures. The 12 inch figures are good, but there are some pretty meh figures in the mix. I might feel differently if I managed to buy the flagship characters before they jumped in price, but I missed that boat and not about to pay the same price for the 12 inch Spike that I can lay down for the PF. The only thing I'll really miss about those were the great early boxes before SS decided to change the style (my guess Faith and Willow started that decision). And since nobody seems to want to sell their boxes on ebay....I'll be sticking to the PF for my Buffy fix. Besides, can anyone really say with a straight face the PF's aren't THE best Buffy and Spike sculpts ever? :joy

Raven said:
The way I view the PF's I agree with the other poster about definitive versions. Room being a major problem, I'd rather have one REALLY good single version of the character than multiple "ok" figures.

That's my philosophy, too. If this Spike PF turns out as good or better than the prototype, I seriously doubt we will EVER see a better mass-produced statue of the character. On the other hand, though the Buffy PF is very nice, I think there is the potential for a better statue of the character at some point...I wouldn't count on it though.

Doubt it will be any time soon they revisit Buffy. Star Wars is just now getting a new luke, and I think we can agree the first one was one of the weakest pfs.
I will get Buffy-meaning I'm in for Spike too-it's just a matter of where and when. The exclusive book doesn't make it a lock so my options are open. *looks around*

The jacket on spike doesn't bother me so much as that darned lean. Sideshow has a thing for leaning statues. I hope they get that under control.

Back