How long do you spend posing your Star Wars figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Fok

Super Freak
Reaction score
So my friends think I'm crazy. But when I pose a new figure / repose a figure it can take me up 45 mins to an hour.
I usually pose the figure outside of the detolf. Then when I place it back in, I find I need to do tons of tweaks (due to lighting and available viewing angles). People say that they see no difference to the previous tweaks. I spent around 45 mins setting up my Luke. I find the slightest touch makes the world of difference. It's a lot of work! Anyone else in the same boat?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437361893.773942.jpg

I've spent a lot of time getting things to look natural. Subtle tweaks are important. I've gone so far as to swap out stock bodies to replace with models that "hung" more naturally. I think it probably takes me a lot less time now than it used to.

You know what did take a while? The SSC Probe Droid. That's a lot of legs and lenses. :slap

It depends on the figure. Some have terrible articulation so it can take a bit.
Once I have the general pose I put it in my display case and then tweak the little things to make it look even better .. Once that is done it stays like that.

When I first started it took me longer, but you just get better and faster. I feel you develop your own style/taste in how you pose a figure.

Great pose on the Luke figure. I would straighten his legs out just a bit, it looks like he's squatting a bit.

As long as it takes to make it not look like a toy.

Great pose on the Luke figure. I would straighten his legs out just a bit, it looks like he's squatting a bit.

Thanks. In person it doesn't look like he's squatting that much. Might be the angle. I find this figure hard to pose. I also found the position of his eyes make a big difference. Here's some another pics from slightly different angles.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437367449.084263.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437367292.336244.jpg

I spent about twenty minutes futzing my SSC Fett to get him to look decent. I'm awful with making figures look natural.

After that, he has stayed in that position ever since.

I spent about twenty minutes futzing my SSC Fett to get him to look decent. I'm awful with making figures look natural.

After that, he has stayed in that position ever since.

Pics? Here's a shot of mine. Took ages due to the constant tweaks
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437375238.715014.jpg

As long as it takes, same as everyone else. Also I think it differs from figure to figure. I found Bossk quite hard to pose so I spent a long time on him and don't change it often, but the stormtroopers are easy to pose, takes less timm and so I change them alot.

Everything has been simple enough to get a decent pose, but grevious took me hours to setup with the fear of breaking pretty much any of the joints.

I noticed that on some of the older prometheus bodies the legs begin to buckle over time too :gah:

I spent around 3 hours last night adjusting ole Luke. I bought it around 2 years ago and haven't changed the pose once (picture attached with the weather vane). So last night it was time for a change, and I totally fell in love with the figure again! I think I managed to get a great pose with the lightsaber.

Attachments

• Photo0916.jpg
    Photo0916.jpg
    469.9 KB · Views: 257
  • Photo0860.jpg
    Photo0860.jpg
    516.9 KB · Views: 266
I spent around 3 hours last night adjusting ole Luke. I bought it around 2 years ago and haven't changed the pose once (picture attached with the weather vane). So last night it was time for a change, and I totally fell in love with the figure again! I think I managed to get a great pose with the lightsaber.

Great pose. I can appreciate the three hours spent. The smallest details count.

2 minutes

First pose out of the box usually becomes my favourite. I change it up, but it always reverts to that first look.

Depends on the character and the body it's on really, a trooper I can be done with in under 20mins where as vader took me several attempts over months to capture the look and feel I was after

Depends on the character and the body it's on really, a trooper I can be done with in under 20mins where as vader took me several attempts over months to capture the look and feel I was after

Yeah, the first figure I got was the snowtrooper, and at times I almost felt like I couldn't get a bad pose with him. Vader was much more time consuming to get something I liked.

Kenner Vintage: 5-10 seconds, I love the simplicity.

Hasbro Black Series: 5 minutes and then I threw them against a wall in frustration. The cat chased after them like a mouse, but after sniffing them no interest...(cats very smart lol)

Hot Toys up to 20 minutes (Bespin Luke(s) and Stormtroopers) love the poseabilty

I usually have a pose in mind before the figure arrives. Sometimes the pose I had in mind looks really stupid and I have to come up with something else that's pleasing. I used to work with stop motion animation and became very **** about how the clothing fits and what poses the human body is capable of. I'd say in all fairness I spend too much time posing figures. But it's worth it to me.
Luke has had a few poses until I found what I like. Others have been posed a few times. Some just tweaked a little bit. Here's a few quick pics.

lukehang.jpg
luke2.jpg
luke.jpg
indy.jpg
batcave.jpg
cuffedjoker.jpg
marty.jpg
selina.jpg

I love this hobby!

Back