How long do you spend posing your Star Wars figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah with some figures it definitely takes a while to find the right pose. I think my ESB/ROTJ Vader probably took me the longest so far, given how awkward the body and arms are to work with (and I'm still not totally happy with it). And Robocop took a surprisingly long time as well, despite how awesome the figure just naturally looks.

Of course there are other figures, like the Battle-damaged T2 or Cavill Superman, where you barely have to do anything and it looks great.

Just gave a bunch to my Nephew and his wife, this what they came up with

Star%20Wars%20001.jpg

:lol

Yeah with some figures it definitely takes a while to find the right pose. I think my ESB/ROTJ Vader probably took me the longest so far, given how awkward the body and arms are to work with (and I'm still not totally happy with it). And Robocop took a surprisingly long time as well, despite how awesome the figure just naturally looks.

Of course there are other figures, like the Battle-damaged T2 or Cavill Superman, where you barely have to do anything and it looks great.

:exactly: Finding the right arm position for shooting can be difficult.

Some minute or some years... static pose are the most difficult!

Attachments

• display.jpg
    display.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 204
An hour of us both gawping at it and try both heads putting on the bits n bobs , ten minutes messing with zombie luke , 5 minutes with baby powder , 30 seconds of swearing cos it wouldn't fit on the mantelpiece, one more head swap and , done , plus sporadic swearing at any of our cats that go near it ....
S x
image_zps1hojtngk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I can take well over a few hours posing a new figure, not necessarily in one sitting, but I'll keep tweaking it till I get it perfect. First order of business is to decide on a natural looking pose, the once posed, the tweaking will start, then the next stage is adjusting the outfit till it sits and hangs right. Some figures are easier than others.

Might be the angle, but Vader looks like he's shruggling his shoulders there.
HAHAHAHAHAH maybe! Maybe that I'm not able to take a decent picture of him! But thanks for your comment, I passed the last minutes laughing in front of him and shruggling my shoulders!!

yeah, some time... But when you improve the pose or overall look, it's great, right?

I usually spend 30 min from time to time, with one fig.

I just need more time to spend posing. :)

FullSizeRender.jpg

So my friends think I'm crazy. But when I pose a new figure / repose a figure it can take me up 45 mins to an hour.
I usually pose the figure outside of the detolf. Then when I place it back in, I find I need to do tons of tweaks (due to lighting and available viewing angles). People say that they see no difference to the previous tweaks. I spent around 45 mins setting up my Luke. I find the slightest touch makes the world of difference. It's a lot of work! Anyone else in the same boat?

Depends. Not talking SW specifically here, but overall, some figures seem to just "fall into place", whilst others it takes a couple of hours of tweaking until you get them just right.

My SW figures have all been pretty easy so far.

HAHAHAHAHAH maybe! Maybe that I'm not able to take a decent picture of him! But thanks for your comment, I passed the last minutes laughing in front of him and shruggling my shoulders!!

Vader shrugging isn't a bad thing. It's just him posing to say, "Whatever, I'm going to kill you and it's not even a big deal to me."

Actually the thing I find frustrating is that you can spend hours finding the perfect natural pose, but then you take a picture and oftentimes the subtlety just seems to get completely lost. You almost have to go for something more dynamic or exaggerated for it to read properly.

Either that or I just completely suck at taking pictures. Lol :D

^That's happened to me.

The issue is that the lens "sees" (or rather presents) different angles and proportions than your eyes.

Bridging that aesthetic and technical gap is what makes good photography. Better tools help, but are no guarantee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back