How long do you spend posing your Star Wars figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually the thing I find frustrating is that you can spend hours finding the perfect natural pose, but then you take a picture and oftentimes the subtlety just seems to get completely lost. You almost have to go for something more dynamic or exaggerated for it to read properly.

Either that or I just completely suck at taking pictures. Lol :D

ZE_501
^That's happened to me.

The issue is that the lens "sees" (or rather presents) different angles and proportions than your eyes.

Bridging that aesthetic and technical gap is what makes good photography. Better tools help, but are no guarantee.

Thanks, now I'm feeling less alone!

Spent about half an hour today trying to get a new pose done on my short stormtrooper. He is much harder to pose compared to the tall one.

ZE_501
^That's happened to me.

The issue is that the lens "sees" (or rather presents) different angles and proportions than your eyes.

Bridging that aesthetic and technical gap is what makes good photography. Better tools help, but are no guarantee.

Thanks, now I'm feeling less alone!

I know exactly how you guys feel. Unfortunately I don't have the gift of being a good photographer

Back