How do you feel the likeness is on the Boromir 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How close do you think the Boromir 12" is?

• Exact

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Pretty Close

Votes: 57 52.8%
  • Needs more work

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • Really not even close

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters
I think it's great. If we could get a picture of him with the same lighting as the movie stills it would be fantastic. I'm excited about this one, he should be great. After all, we have yet to see the costume details.

I'm not really a big Boromir fan, but I'll be picking this up as well. He looks fantastic from this one pic, and I prophesy that he will look even better once we get some more good shots of him. I'm just glad his hair isn't a seperate piece....

I think it's VERY close,.....possibly a few paint issues, but what's the use in being so nit-picky? If you're real LOTR fans, you people will buy him anyway, and you know it! $$$$$$$$$$:D These Sideshow figures are SOOOOOO much better than any previous 12" posable figures produced, that there is NO comparison. C'mon, ya know ya wanna buy it!

It's funny, these 12" figures have likenesses that are much more exact than the SS/W statues (Boromir excepted, the statue is just as good), yet still get picked over.

Has there been a figure that hasn't been criticized one way or another? It seems to happen to every preview shot. No matter how good it looks.

pretty close. I cant wait to see his clothing and accessories

Batty said:
Has there been a figure that hasn't been criticized one way or another? It seems to happen to every preview shot. No matter how good it looks.

isn't it funny that alot of people criticize the figure yet they end up getting it :lol

Darklord Dave said:
It's funny, these 12" figures have likenesses that are much more exact than the SS/W statues (Boromir excepted, the statue is just as good), yet still get picked over.

Agreed, although the difference is that the Weta statues were always artists impressions, though they did still want to get the likeness as good as possible, but for these things the likeness has to be better.

God you people are fussy. Look at the photo, it IS Boromir. Paint? Since when has ANY product that you have recieved look exactly like photos you have seen on a website? Looks like Theoden? You'd probably think that about every figure released that has a beard!

I have to date, never complained about the likeness of any of the "Star Wars" or "LOTR" 12" figures. I've always been satisfied.

I guess I'm in the minority this time as I feel this one still needs some work.

My biggest complaint is the facial hair... It's too thick, especially the eyebrows! Beard also needs to be thined somewhat.

There's also something wrong with the eyes that I can't quite place... He has a very "pissed off" expression.

I will of course buy this one but I hope they fix some of these issues.

Batty said:

There will never be a figure that doesn't get criticized because we all have different ways at looking at things but this figure comes pretty close to something that shouldn't. The beard might be a tad too thick on the paint but to me that is such a minor detail. Overall, this might be one of the best 12" likenesses I've seen.

Not even close...
The beard and eyebrows look all wrong, the nose is way too big. And that damned SST paint app... Just looking at the photos next to the figure really showcases how exagerated it is.
Oh well, I hope there's plenty of time for SST to do some revisions, but I'm not holding my breath.

He does look like Theoden and the beard is definetely too thick. But you know what, most of us will end up buying it anyways so why the complaining?? Just be
glad that we are getting another LOTR figure. :chew

Perhaps his cheeks are a bit puffed up, like he's been through a number of punches or something. The rest don't bother me. I expect that they need to give us his regular cloak and have the Lorien cloak as a bonus!!!

He looks nothing like Sam Jackson! What is wrong with SS? When will they ever learn?

Oops. Wrong thread.

Back