How do you feel the likeness is on the Boromir 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How close do you think the Boromir 12" is?

• Exact

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Pretty Close

Votes: 57 52.8%
  • Needs more work

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • Really not even close

Votes: 10 9.3%

• Total voters
Well, High Elven isn't high on much of anything actually. He pretty much says everything is crap lately especially in the PF and 12 lines. I can't recall a post saying he liked something from any of these figures yet.

If you get tired of the SS apologist which I know I'll get lumped into. I get tired of all the cry baby whiners who wanna go chicken little at the first pic and start saying this figure is gonna suck or this figure is gonna be this.

Last edited:
I think no one is perfect here and everyone has a right to comment but I don't think it's right to label people who like the figures or praise SS products as SS apologist.

The problem is when people offer "constructive" criticism based on one or two pics. For example - Boromir there is photographing much redder than the actual paint job. So if they were to pale him up based on the criticism, the paint master would be awful and when we get the figure we'd be going "why so pale Mr. Bean?"

jlcmsu said:
Well, High Elven isn't high on much of anything actually. He prett much says everything is crap lately especially in the PF and 12 lines. I can't recall a post saying he liked somthing from any of these figures yet.

If you get tired of the SS apologist which I know I'll get lumped into. I get tired of all the cry baby whiners who wanna go chicken little at the first pic and start saying this figure is gonna suck or this figure is gonna be this.

jlcmsu: I hear what you're saying. Nobody likes the poster who pooh poohs everything that comes out. I've actually felt your posts are quite thoughtful and balanced though it's obvious you're a Sideshow-aholic : )

I guess what I'm trying to say is while I'm a big SSC fan, I still like to comment on the things I'm concerned about with their 12-inch figs not to be jerk, but with the hope that Sideshow is listening.

Darklord Dave: That's certainly a valid point. One would hope SSC uses discretion in filtering and weighing the feedback from fans.

I'm down with voicing concerns on SS pieces especially when it can be done in a constructive manner. That I know with SS makes the most impact in if anything gets changed or taken into account on the next figure.

Customikey said:
Beautiful! I'm in. I never cared about the character of Boromir until Sean's performance brought out his pride and tragedy. This figure looks excellent!

Am I the only one hoping he comes with The One Ring sized to fit him? I basically think that anyone who handles the Ring should come with one. That'll make it so it won't be such a disaster when I inevitably lose a few.:D

I thought the same thing... I did not really like his character that much in the books, but Sean Bean did such a good job bringing depth to him and making his death the saddest in the trilogy (with Theoden really close behind)

And the Ring as exclusive!! Sweet idea. I would love that... maybe with the chain so that you can replicate the scene..

"It's a strange fate that one should suffer so much fear and doubt........over so small a thing.... such a little thing..."

I'd go for that!! The horn should be standard.. we might not be seeing it, as it might be hanging behind him or the shield...at least I hope.

I still contend he looks nothing like this:
12_07d.jpg
:monkey3

Back