Hot Toys Wonder Woman (WB 100)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven’t gotten an email about RSVP’ing yet. I might consider it if I’m able to get it but don’t desperately want it.

Edit: guess you have to sign in to see the RSVP option. Put myself down.

Last edited:
It only took them, what, six tries to finally give us a good Gadot WW in her classic armor? Lol

The other hilarious thing is this technically isn't a Gal Gadot WW yet it may be - considering who you ask - the best Gal Gadot WW they have ever released :lol

The other hilarious thing is this technically isn't a Gal Gadot WW yet it may be - considering who you ask - the best Gal Gadot WW they have ever released :lol
How is it technically not a Gal Gadot Wonder Woman? Just because it isn’t branded as from a particular film? It’s clearly still her and looks like the outfit from the first movie.

How is it technically not a Gal Gadot Wonder Woman? Just because it isn’t branded as from a particular film? It’s clearly still her and looks like the outfit from the first movie.

Because as mentioned in the thread it doesn't mention her name anywhere in the description. It's the same exact situation as the Comic Concept version which was also just a generic WW that ripped Gadot's likeness. In every other case they put her name in the description. In the case of Batman that isn't Bale either but they used Bale's likeness. Remember when they use to sell truetype's that looked like certain actors and even a POTUS? Same thing.

Because as mentioned in the thread it doesn't mention her name anywhere in the description. It's the same exact situation as the Comic Concept version which was also just a generic WW that ripped Gadot's likeness. In every other case they put her name in the description. In the case of Batman that isn't Bale either but they used Bale's likeness. Remember when they use to sell truetype's that looked like certain actors and even a POTUS? Same thing.
I guess I didn’t notice that. I mean it’s clearly her though regardless. The likeness is pretty much spot on and it’s her outfit.

I guess I didn’t notice that. I mean it’s clearly her though regardless. The likeness is pretty much spot on and it’s her outfit.

Right it's a total "Prank Villain" situation, you know who it is and you know what movie it is suppose to be from but technically it is none of those things due to speculative reasons like not having Gadot's naming rights anymore hence making it a very nice but a generic WB WW anniversary figure in the end. Honestly if they don't have her naming rights anymore I don't know how they are even getting away with these things.

And again I find it funny that out of all of the WW's they have released the one that is arguably the best doesn't even have her name or a movie attached to it.

Right it's a total "Prank Villain" situation, you know who it is and you know what movie it is suppose to be from but technically it is none of those things due to speculative reasons like not having Gadot's naming rights anymore hence making it a very nice but a generic WB WW anniversary figure in the end. Honestly if they don't have her naming rights anymore I don't know how they are even getting away with these things.

And again I find it funny that out of all of the WW's they have released the one that is arguably the best doesn't even have her name or a movie attached to it.
I’m curious how WB’s licensing works then. How can a likeness be used by an officially licensed manufacturer but not credited? Very odd. There has to be some weird loophole in the talent contracts or something.

I could more see with a character like Batman because in that case the cowl covers most of the face and it’s easier to get away with claiming it’s someone else.

Wonder Woman though you see the full face and likeness. Same if Superman was made.

I’m curious how WB’s licensing works then. How can a likeness be used but not credited? Very odd. There has to be some weird loophole in the talent contracts or something.

I could more see with a character like Batman because in that case the cowl covers most of the face and it’s easier to get away with claiming it’s someone else.

Wonder Woman though you see the full face and likeness. Same if Superman was made.

Perhaps you are only allowed to sell 1.500 in a lottery system :lol ? I dunno

I pre-ordered with Pop Collectibles before they raised the price slightly. 3200 HKD. Will still work out about £50 cheaper in my currency than ordering from Sideshow after the import fees.

IMG_1153.gif

Not surprising seeing as Sideshow will also probably charge $400-$450 and then add their tax + shipping.

Hot Toys charging INART prices when they slap the word WOOL on their figure that has reused sculpts and parts.

Last edited:
What a kick in the **** this release is for people who just bought the WW84 figure though, right? Hot Toys has basically taken the best parts of all their past Wonder Woman figures and kitbashed it together for the perfect release.

Yeah I can see why it would feel like a big kick to the gonads, with the ‘84 figure currently now shipping from most retailers.

Aaaarrgghh! Can't unsee now. Damn, that makes a great difference. I hate undersized (and oversized) heads

And oversized hands? :lol

:lol Right, they're obviously going for a release that let's them cash in on a bunch of already existing assets, so there's no chance anything gets improved or corrected.

I think it's that being too small also makes it sit up too high on the neck; in my view, if the head were larger the chin would come down farther as it should. Wouldn't take much, just a 3% increase to the face size and I think it looks perfect.

View attachment 642850

Nice edit! Yeah I agree I find the heads themselves a bit smaller in proportion to the body, I think I had the same nit with the JL version too.

I'm going to go ahead and be annoying and post a photoshop edit of what I think would approve this release, knowing it has absolutely zero influence, lol. Slim the gauntlets down, darken the hair, make the expression more sever, increase the head size slightly. get rid of that glittery blue skirt color and pale snow white skin, and give her some Amazonian tan.

View attachment 642883

Looks better! The more determined expression makes it look so much more!

She looks a lot like my modified WW. I put a GA head on the 84 body and gave her the TA sword and shield. I love the GA sculpt.

View attachment 642940

I do like how this new version has a bendable waist, the harness, and better rooted hair. The base is also impressive, and it's exclusivity makes it really tempting.

When I saw the promo pics I thought of your modified WW. Your styling of the hair looks great!

It looks like they were going for something similar, given how they just recycled existing parts, with new hair.

Ideally, this would be the WW HT puts out for regular release.

Back