Hot Toys Wonder Woman (WB 100)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She looks a lot like my modified WW. I put a GA head on the 84 body and gave her the TA sword and shield. I love the GA sculpt.

20230522_030801.jpg

I do like how this new version has a bendable waist, the harness, and better rooted hair. The base is also impressive, and it's exclusivity makes it really tempting.

They just reusing the JL suit mold? It doesn't look as fitting as the 84 version.

Price is worrying. TW has her for $381 and the batman at $277.... so this might even be $399 on Sideshow.

Last edited:
So this is interesting ..I just got a email about this from SS. Apparently I can get on the rsvp list to pre order from SS or at least looks like SS is going to get this ..so let’s see what happens :pray:

So this is interesting ..I just got a email about this from SS. Apparently I can get on the rsvp list to pre order from SS or at least looks like SS is going to get this ..so let’s see what happens :pray:
Whoa look who gets the VIP treatment 🤣 No email for me yet.

I think they did the same for Stealth Cap and look at how that turned out!

It's not bad. And I'll likely pick this up to source some parts. But overall, there's some things I don't like about the 84 reuse here. The skirt is still too glittery blue for the WW/BvS/JL look. Likewise, they're reusing the bigger chunkier looking wrist braces from 84, which I think looks weird. I'm also not crazy about the small head and soft smiling expression. A bit too Barbie-esque for me. I like a tougher intense expression on her for when she's next to Supes and Bats. BUT, the improved breastplate coloring looks good, and more brass looking gold too.

This would be my ideal look... More muted blue skirt, slimmer wrist armor, sterner expression, etc.

View attachment 642877

I actually prefer my kit bash a little more than this rerelease. Though the JL armor is a touch dull.

View attachment 642878
This is what my ideal
WW would look like, just with rooted hair and a better likeness.

I don’t understand the complexities of actor likeness licensing so who knows what’s actually going on with Ben and Gal getting let out of the specs.
Maybe because this isn’t tied to any movie in particular, HT don’t need to go through the usual channels or credit Gal…
Afleck may have simply told them to get stuffed coz he’s so done with WB and DC.

Really I’m just grasping at straws and hoping InArt can still produce the BVS trinity. If WB don’t have the actors licenses anymore then InArt can still acquire permission from the actors themselves, right? One would assume at least Caville would be onboard without much pushback seeing as he’s an actual geek like the rest of us.

Anyways-
This figure looks good upon first glimpse- mainly because of the hair (thanks again, InArt)- but it still has a funky colour scheme, thick bracers, giraffe neck, pointless side-glance, countless reuse items and a cheap Pepsi bottle plastic background thing to create the illusion that we’re looking at something special.
HT really don’t deserve the huge price they’re gonna slap on this so, if there is any possibility for an InArt version- even if that is a minimum of 3 years away- I’m holding out for that.

I kid you not…just got this response from them when I got on the list

I didn’t get the email but I saw BostonCollectibles linked to the RSVP on Instagram so I’m on the list now too 🙂

Not holding my breath she’ll be either obtainable or reasonably-priced but we shall see.

They just reusing the JL suit mold? It doesn't look as fitting as the 84 version.

Price is worrying. TW has her for $381 and the batman at $277.... so this might even be $399 on Sideshow.
Yeah I’m afraid that’s probably going to be the case.

Stealth Cap was 1980 HKD at Hot Toys Rebel Base store, which is $253 USD. Sideshow sold him for $320, a 26% markup.

Wonder Woman is going to be 2580 HKD at Rebel Base, which is $329 USD. A 26% markup on that is…$414 🤢

Its a new rooted GA sculpt on the 84 body/costume painted in a different color with the sword and shield coming from the TA version and strap from the JL version. So the only thing completely new is the hair and the cheap plastic backdrop oh and the box. Does this sound about right? They could have at least changed the eye position or given her rolling eyes but HT are lazy and this is just a very nice looking kit bash in the end (perhaps the best WW ever even) - that kind of rubs me the wrong way honestly considering what it is going to cost to attain if you can even get one.

And then the issue of not knowing if the production copies will hold up to the proto specifically in the most important hair department. I dunno man, I think I am beyond sick of this company.

Looks great, but why no rolling eyes feature tho? I thought it's HT standard now?, I'd place my PO for sure if they have that feature.

I’ll probably try to get it if I happen to be selected but won’t be frantic about it like I was with Stealth Cap. I don’t currently have any HT Snyderverse figures so this could end up being a slippery slope if I actually do manage to get one :LOL:

Last edited:
Back