Hot Toys Wonder Woman (WB 100)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_3232.jpeg
IMG_3231.jpeg

Yeah, this doesn’t look NEARLY as good as the PhotoShopped…I MEAN PromotionalShots we were shown in the announcement. If this is the figure we get, I’ll just be content with my JL Wonder Woman, or pay just about the same price for the InArt version if that actuality makes it to the street.

I've posted a lot here and elsewhere about how I feel InArt's entrance onto the 1:6 scene has been nothing but good because they are A) making figures on an entirely new level of quality and B) that quality is shocking other companies (like HT) into upping their games. However, with this rooted WW, I see now the possible downside - HT now sees the opportunity to ratchet up their prices to be instep with IA and (with IA also increasing their prices ... 595 for a Harry Potter?!?) this could get out of hand. There is no way I would drop $450 on this WW (simply because I'm not a big enough fan) but there are those who will and I am happy for them if it is an important piece for their collection - I just hope this trend doesn't price me out of the hobby. It wasn't all that long ago that I bought my first figure over $300, but it was a personal favorite of mine, so I went for it. I cannot imagine a world where I can afford to drop $500+ on every figure that comes along.

It's especially perplexing given the 84 WW, which is essentially the same figure, minus the rooted hair, is still readily available at Sideshow for just $255, and probably will be for some time, given the lack of interest in that film. I guess I'd understand if they took a really sought after figure and made a more impressive version, but this one is still hanging around at original retail.

IMG_8869.PNG

It's especially perplexing given the 84 WW, which is essentially the same figure, minus the rooted hair, is still readily available at Sideshow for just $255, and probably will be for some time, given the lack of interest in that film. I guess I'd understand if they took a really sought after figure and made a more impressive version, but this one is still hanging around at original retail.

View attachment 643585

The Inart rooted hair Joker is also almost double the price then the standard sculpted. So I guess that rooted (wool) hair must be THE reason for the price jump :unsure:

I've posted a lot here and elsewhere about how I feel InArt's entrance onto the 1:6 scene has been nothing but good because they are A) making figures on an entirely new level of quality and B) that quality is shocking other companies (like HT) into upping their games. However, with this rooted WW, I see now the possible downside - HT now sees the opportunity to ratchet up their prices to be instep with IA and (with IA also increasing their prices ... 595 for a Harry Potter?!?) this could get out of hand. There is no way I would drop $450 on this WW (simply because I'm not a big enough fan) but there are those who will and I am happy for them if it is an important piece for their collection - I just hope this trend doesn't price me out of the hobby. It wasn't all that long ago that I bought my first figure over $300, but it was a personal favorite of mine, so I went for it. I cannot imagine a world where I can afford to drop $500+ on every figure that comes along.
This is a valid concern. However, if you look at the bang for the buck on figures like the Keaton Modern Suit, Peacemaker, and Pattinson Batman - compared to what you get for the same amount of money from Hot Toys on Star Wars figures - I feel pretty confident we're getting more for our money thanks to the threat of competition than we are less.

It's especially perplexing given the 84 WW, which is essentially the same figure, minus the rooted hair, is still readily available at Sideshow for just $255, and probably will be for some time, given the lack of interest in that film.
After the crazy delays that figure had, it really seems to me like Hot Toys panicked with InArt’s announcement for the Snyderverse trio, and after the huge interest (and success) for their Joker, HT decided they needed a definitive version ASAP to maximize preorders for their high quality alternative. The pricing for the InArt figure will probably be just as insane, but it’s neat to see that InArt’s competition is driving innovation, albeit at the expense of HT’s planning feeling like a slap across the face in the process.
The Inart rooted hair Joker is also almost double the price than the standard sculpted. So I guess that rooted (wool) hair must be THE reason for the price jump :unsure:
While this is unfortunately true at face value, using IA’s Joker is a bit like comparing apples to oranges especially when you consider previous HT WWs had rooted hair and were priced under $250. IA rooted options for their other figures (without forced dioramas for their Joker and Harry Potter) like Batman, Bruce Wayne, and Aragorn have pretty consistently been priced around ~130% of the sculpted counterparts. I can’t find the post someone made of the exact differences, but none have been almost 180% of the sculpted equivalent’s value like this HT WW is.

i think, the wool hair strains are a tad unnatural thick. Will wait for Inart's attempt. Think the pricing will be equal , plus movable eyes. Maybe better likeness all around

i think, the wool hair strains are a tad unnatural thick. Will wait for Inart's attempt. Think the pricing will be equal , plus movable eyes. Maybe better likeness all around
A lot of people saying that. But I really question waiting for InArt based off a theoretical lineup forecast. A lot can change in the future, and I don't see that list as being an absolute certainty. They've already had to slow things way down over there, and who's to say where this figure falls on their priority list. We can only speculate. Nothing is factual at this point.

A lot of people saying that. But I really question waiting for InArt based off a theoretical lineup forecast. A lot can change in the future, and I don't see that list as being an absolute certainty. They've already had to slow things way down over there, and who's to say where this figure falls on their priority list. We can only speculate. Nothing is factual at this point.
That's the hardest thing for me. I already had to make that judgement call waiting for Gametoys Final Fantasy 7 figures to release. Toys Era is putting out an Aerith figure later this year which looks solid, but I know I want the superior Gametoys one. Unfortunately, it could be several years out (or even not at all) with their turnaround time... So I went for the Toys Era one just because in this hobby there's no guarantees.

I think my plan is that if I get lucky enough to grab one of these and then InArt releases their version, I will just sell this one. The exclusivity of this release should mean it'll retain its value.

Of course, I'm fairly confident I'm not going to be one of the ones that gets one, but there's no harm in putting my name in the hat.

As long as the hair is quality material I can always get it fixed and styled by someone who knows what they are doing. Still happy with my 84 WW when she gets here but need the base, sword and shield from this set.

well, to be honest we already have enough WW of (almost) the same kind. And i can't justify to shell out that much money, if the quality can even be better. We might also get another one from HT with rolling eyes system. So there is really no rush for me to jump on that one. It's "only" the hair that's really new here and rooting costs time and money. I have the sword, shield and stand from the training version. I don't think the backdrop will be of quality acryl, rather that flimsy clamp shell stuff they use from time to time. It also does not really appeal to me. Like i said, that's just me :)

I'm not going to freak out about the price until that's actually revealed by Sideshow. What overseas places charge, especially when it comes to these exclusives, can be a pretty mixed bag. Sometimes they're pretty right on the money, other times they can be rather inflated simply b/c it's an exclusive. Almost like back in the day when certain retailers would have SDCC exclusives for order, but would up the price b/c they had to actually attend SDCC and wait in line to actually pick up the item for you.

If the $450 is true, it'll probably be a pass for me (if I even get the email saying I can order one) especially with JND's Reeve statue on the horizon. The $450 can easily go towards the deposit on that statue instead of this figure.

Last edited:
you are right about the big hair, however the strains are not looking natural enough, i think. The scale does not 100 % work. But it's also possible it's only the photos. Customizers use also wool, or goat hair, so let's wait for the in hand pics maybe :)

Last edited:
I honestly wouldn’t stress, this constant “this will be the last Gal release made” is only an assumption. She sells very well, they have no reason to stop making more versions of her in the future. I’m sure we’ll get more anniversary releases of her and other weird HT concoctions.

I honestly wouldn’t stress, this constant “this will be the last Gal release made” is only an assumption. She sells very well, they have no reason to stop making more versions of her in the future. I’m sure we’ll get more anniversary releases of her and other weird HT concoctions.
Really depends on how the contracts are/were set up and if they have been altered at all with the Snyderverse effectively ending. With Disney/Marvel/Star Wars, the actors pretty much have to agree to infinite merch with their likeness being produced for as long as Disney says so when they sign, but I don't believe that is the case with WB/DC properties.

It’s hasn’t been revealed yet. Was just part of their “Phase 1” announcement of future figures they planned on making. See below:
View attachment 643434
I'm still a little surprised at how ridiculously confident that line-up and time frame is. Next 6 months should be busy for them to meet that deadline. They've only listed, what, a quarter of what was promised so far.

I'm still a little surprised at how ridiculously confident that line-up and time frame is. Next 6 months should be busy for them to meet that deadline. They've only listed, what, a quarter of what was promised so far.
true, though they also mentioned in one of the previously live streams that they didn't want to reveal much of anything until the summer cons so we could potentially be in for a flood of product reveals at SDCC

Back