1/6 Hot Toys: WICKET the Ewok - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With jar jars legendary status as possibly the most hated character of all time I could see him selling well just because of that fact. I mean think of all the hilarious and sadistic poses and fun you could have with him. Could be cathartic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they ever do a Black Series Jar Jar? I had long considered buying multiples for some sadistic customs.

Man did the Ewoks suck the enjoyment right out of the movie opening night lol

Yeah, I would go so far as to say they were the first "un-Star-Warsy" thing I encountered as a kid. They felt like something from a nother movie in the way they were depicted. It was like Lucas had a stroke in 1982 and came away with the sense he had a flair for comedy so we got an increasingly jokey Indy and Chewy as Tarzan.

Yeah, I would go so far as to say they were the first "un-Star-Warsy" thing I encountered as a kid. They felt like something from a nother movie in the way they were depicted. It was like Lucas had a stroke in 1982 and came away with the sense he had a flair for comedy so we got an increasingly jokey Indy and Chewy as Tarzan.

Back then I loved the Ewoks and therefor I still do. And yes, GL has always insisted on being funny. And I don’t really share his sense of humor (TPM[emoji33]) ...thank god for K-2SO!

Even though I will never buy it, I have to admit this figure looks amazing.

67711642_10156414115777344_6134005209053003776_o.jpg

Back then I loved the Ewoks and therefor I still do. And yes, GL has always insisted on being funny. And I don’t really share his sense of humor (TPM[emoji33]) ...thank god for K-2SO!

This is for Talibane too.
ROTJ exudes a wide-spectrum, healthy and enduring humor, from its beginning at Jabba's court (that animal that releases "some air" after eating a smaller one... still funny!) to its end at Endor (Han trying to extinguish that torch just by blowing... I still smile each and every time...). In time, I have developed this feeling that back in that day, moviemakers doing family-friendly cinema strived for that kind of Jim-Henson-esque, self-deprecating, highly ironic but at the same time harmless sense of humor, even if it could also be deeply critical and have a very strong and meaningful subtext sometimes. This powerful sense of humor has been completely and utterly lost afterwards.

In ROTJ, the ewoks played a key part on that, of course, but there is this kind of humor all over the place. Believe me: I have never taken nonsense from anybody, even at the early age when I saw Jedi, and yet, I have never had a problem with Chewbacca doing Tarzan on that rope. Even if it punched the 4th wall, it just fit into the general mood of the film, the music, and even the previous movies. It is short, sharp, sweet and doesn't harm the serious counterweight of the ongoing drama. Slipping such a reference in such a high-fantasy movie in such a seamless way is a real feat.

All this to tell you, Slikkerias, that humor in ROTJ has nothing to do with the unchallenged, pervasively silly, way-too-obvious, right-in-front-of-your-nose kind of slapstick humor from TPM. You know what particular character I am thinking about.

And why is KS2O so funny...?

RfC
m.

Man did the Ewoks suck the enjoyment right out of the movie opening night lol

The reason being?

To me ewoks are one of the most intelligent things GL ever pulled. The perfect ending: the final defeat of the almighty at the hands of the underdogs, with a strike of proverbial luck helping the desperate brave. Leaving Vietnam aside, to me it just resonates with Tolkien's hobbits. Even if they were created with toy sales in mind, that's precisely the point about that era: all was made for money (let's be real) but quality, uniqueness, even a little bit of depth, still came in a very close second place. The only thing that Jedi lacks is millions more Ewoks. On screen, and due to limitations at that time, they are too few to make it credible that they could subdue the Imperials, so I prefer to imagine them in Avatar fashion: rivers of tiny, woodland-camouflaged teddy bear warriors engulfing those at-sts, dying by the hundreds but eventually prevailing. The ancient complex organism defecating the technologically advanced invader. War of the Worlds revisited again. Not bad, GL!

And don't get me started about JJ Abrams and the ST, Rogue One included (even if it is the less bad one). In Hollywood today, it is forbidden to switch on the brains. Dumb sells well. Dull sells predictably. Dull and dumb keeps audiences and stakeholders happy. Art is a manufactured good.

RfC
m.

This is for Talibane too.
ROTJ exudes a wide-spectrum, healthy and enduring humor, from its beginning at Jabba's court (that animal that releases "some air" after eating a smaller one... still funny!) to its end at Endor (Han trying to extinguish that torch just by blowing... I still smile each and every time...). In time, I have developed this feeling that back in that day, moviemakers doing family-friendly cinema strived for that kind of Jim-Henson-esque, self-deprecating, highly ironic but at the same time harmless sense of humor, even if it could also be deeply critical and have a very strong and meaningful subtext sometimes. This powerful sense of humor has been completely and utterly lost afterwards.

In ROTJ, the ewoks played a key part on that, of course, but there is this kind of humor all over the place. Believe me: I have never taken nonsense from anybody, even at the early age when I saw Jedi, and yet, I have never had a problem with Chewbacca doing Tarzan on that rope. Even if it punched the 4th wall, it just fit into the general mood of the film, the music, and even the previous movies. It is short, sharp, sweet and doesn't harm the serious counterweight of the ongoing drama. Slipping such a reference in such a high-fantasy movie in such a seamless way is a real feat.

All this to tell you, Slikkerias, that humor in ROTJ has nothing to do with the unchallenged, pervasively silly, way-too-obvious, right-in-front-of-your-nose kind of slapstick humor from TPM. You know what particular character I am thinking about.

And why is KS2O so funny...?

RfC
m.

I’m fine with the OT humor - harmless but ok funny especially for kids. And I was a kid back then.
K2? Just listen to him.

The more I see this, the more I really, really want it. Id have to think if Hot Toys bases its figures on buzz from the prototypes, this one would have to be a no doubter. Of course, they can also show it off for years and years and never release it, but Endor Leia is once again making the rounds at all the conventions, and this would seem to be a no brainer if they plan on releasing her.

Very happy to see we may all have Wicket on our shelves/displays...what's interesting though is why does the name tag say "Ewok" as apposed to Wicket?

Count me in on a Leia & Wicket two-pack. They’re both looking awesome so far and ready to be put up for PO.

On top of that an ROTJ Han with Endor coat, thermal detonator charges, and AT-ST helmet would be swell. And of course a Scout Trooper.

What's interesting is that I'm totally contemplating ROTJ Leia now. Was totally off my radar before. Damn you HT !!

Need a closer up pic of Leia though.

Back