1/6 Hot Toys: WICKET the Ewok - Return of the Jedi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, that’s probably what HT did with ESB Han and Lando then [emoji6]
But Logray and Teebo would be instant preorders for me.
Funny, if ROTJ was released today I (?) would have “hated” the Ewoks and said “whyyy not wookies!!!?” And “how can those little savages know what the imperial bunker leads to!?” And “how can a little teddy bear with a stone axe knock out a stormtrooper in armor” [emoji6] But in 1983 I was 8 years old and I freaking loved these little buggers! ...so I still do.

I was 7 when I watched the movie. I hated the ewoks because they seemed such a step backwards in terms of maturity from the first 2 films. The luke and leia angle was also a problem but not just because of the kiss but because if leia is going to be a jedi why doesnt luke just train her and then they both fight Vader and the emporer? Speaking of luke and training, how did yoda croaking train luke enough to face vader? Did yoda give him a textbook when he left dagobah in esb?

The ewoks and their spears and animal skin hangliders are still cringeworthy to me now. Honestly, jar jar bothers me less than the ewoks okeeday? :)

Everyone seems to want this, so Monday preorder right??? :monkey3

This figure was probably my favorite reveal of the SW stuff I saw at SDCC, but it was pretty rough, the arm hair looked like it was patched on. The headsculpt was great, but I'm sure it's a bit away from preorder unfortunately.

Never had an interest in adding an Ewok to the collection but the fact that it is looking amazing and a chance to display with Leia has me seriously considering it.

A Leia/Wicket 2-pack would tip me over.

New to collecting Star Wars, I think i’m going to get Wicket, not sure what it will be displayed with though

they should do that pack. Difficult to resist.
I think if not a pack he and Endor Leia will at least be revealed together and go up at the same time. Now that they’ve both been revealed there’s no reason to keep one as a tease and do them as individual announcements.

Generally when they tease something it’s an upcoming release that we haven’t seen though. Both Wicket and Leia have been on display.

I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling they will preorder Endor Leia awhile after Bespin Leia ships and leave us all twisting in the wind hoping for Wicket.

I have to say, after seeing the latest prices on their recently announced POs, I’ve about had my fill of Hot Toys. I’d rather collect custom figures at those prices than something mass-produced. It’s too bad HT seems to be the only game in 1/6 for Star Wars — as I’ll probably have to skip this.

It's an interesting question how much this will be. This will be tiny - under 6" in height - but it has a lot of work in terms of the fur, and might need a unique body build (maybe an adapted Rocket/Yoda body?) I wonder if this will be in the $200+ range?

Yoda was $200 and came with quite a few accessories, but that's a couple of years ago and no real fur.

It's an interesting question how much this will be. This will be tiny - under 6" in height - but it has a lot of work in terms of the fur, and might need a unique body build (maybe an adapted Rocket/Yoda body?) I wonder if this will be in the $200+ range?

Yoda was $200 and came with quite a few accessories, but that's a couple of years ago and no real fur.
Could be more due to the real fur. Didn’t think about that. Otherwise I’d say he should be comparable in price with Yoda or Rocket. Maybe $230, which was the price of the deluxe Rocket. Figure this probably won’t come with a lot of accessories (his spear and that Stormtrooper helmet along with a base). Either way I don’t care as this is a day one pre-order when it goes up.

$235 I'm guessing. They will prop up his value with a stormtrooper helmet and other stuff like a food ration I would imagine. But honestly if you told me he was up for order tomorrow morning for $250 I couldn't hit the order button fast enough. If I'm not mistaken the only Hot Toys OT preorders up right now are Leia, Luke, and R2 :(

$235 I'm guessing. They will prop up his value with a stormtrooper helmet and other stuff like a food ration I would imagine. But honestly if you told me he was up for order tomorrow morning for $250 I couldn't hit the order button fast enough. If I'm not mistaken the only Hot Toys OT preorders up right now are Leia, Luke, and R2 :(
There's also the ROTJ Stormtrooper up for pre-order as far as Original Trilogy figures.

Pooh was 175 at some retailers overseas. I could see wicket being $225

Yes but Pooh wasn’t quite a 1/6 figure. He was quite a bit larger than the traditional scale. Maybe that has something to do with the price. I’m not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any decent 4K video of Wicket out there ? A lot of the SDCC videos tend to skip over the Star Wars stuff, or have extremely annoying commentary by people with no idea.

Back